Coverting to Quad exhaust

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ive got another idea for an GP upgrade...

I wanted to convert my stock dual exhaust to look like its quad exhaust by putting double tips on each one... I saw the converters at walmart (im sure i could find a better source) but it did give me the idea... the only problem is that mine are oval and the converter startes out as a circular pipe and I would have to cut the oval tips off...

Anyone done this? what should I do? How does one do this?

Ive got another idea for an GP upgrade...

I wanted to convert my stock dual exhaust to look like its quad exhaust by putting double tips on each one... I saw the converters at walmart (im sure i could find a better source) but it did give me the idea... the only problem is that mine are oval and the converter startes out as a circular pipe and I would have to cut the oval tips off...

Anyone done this? what should I do? How does one do this?

to cut them off all you need is a saw and start cutting, just don't hit any important lines that may be around what your cutting.

if your really good with a cut off torch you could use that too.

these dont make that terrible loud sound, do they, or or those special tips? that horrid sound is the last thing i want!

Are you going to have a stock style exhaust on the car or some form of aftermarket exhaust? The tips aren't going to change the sound just a TON by themselves. My car is loud w/ my exhaust setup, louder then most people would ever care to have. :wink: But not because of the tips, I've had two different sets of tips on there and they didn't make any difference in sound(changed them since I didn't like the way my old tips looked). These tips are 3'' dual dual outlets like Per posted, if I had to do it again on a BYP equipped Grand Prix, I would likely go w/ 2.5'' tips. The 3'' aren't too big, but they're just shy of being that.