Two day progress...tranny problem is half way done.

phantomshado

Well, as some of you have read the tranny in my car ate it. Hard. I wanted to do a 5 speed swap, but couldn't find a donor car, and well, I don't have the time to fuck around riding my bike everywhere. :lol:

So, I tracked down a low mile 4t60e from a 93 or 94 cutlass ciera, (yard pulled it for me :) I got it for 250 and with a 1000 mile warranty. I thought to myself, pulled AND less than three bills...not to goddamed shabby. Last night, I separated the engine from the wires, mounts, exhaust...etc. Today, I lifted the motor, I pulled the X-over to get the upper coolant line out, and man its a light tan dust...I'm wicked fucking happy about that. The air/fuel ratio is nearly perfect :D I dropped the ball joints rather than lower the control arms, swing it wide, and separated the half shafts from the tranny. Lifted the tranny up and out. I got the new tranny kosher for the final drive for tomorrow. THe tranny will find its home, the engine will be reseated after its tune up (new plugs, wires, etc.) and then hopefully I'm good to go.

I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks for letting me share my day, and discovery of a sweet engine condition.