ABS

GutlessSupreme

Was PM3 still used in '96*?

If it's a different system, can it be swapped into a '92? Or is that a "no fucking way" because of OBDI/II differences.

*=edit to '96

Would the '96 computer be able to be used in the '92 car? The '92 has vacuums right now, it's a possibility that I can do a full swap..

Yes, I think you can use the 96 computer, but the connectors and pinouts are different although I think the signals are the same.

I'm not sure what you mean by vacuums, the 96 is a vacuum system too, which is a good thing. You don't want a nitrogen accumulator based system like the TGP has.

Oh, you're trying to do an ABS conversion to a non-ABS car? I think that's a little tricky, the brake lines and such are different.

I think because how the brake lines come out of the modulator, they're routed a little differently. I believe they're routed differently enough that you'll need to replace all brake lines and fuel lines from cowl on back. At least, I believe that's what Jason (Eclipse6032 or something like that, hasn't been on in awhile) said about his conversion.

I think because how the brake lines come out of the modulator, they're routed a little differently. I believe they're routed differently enough that you'll need to replace all brake lines and fuel lines from cowl on back. At least, I believe that's what Jason (Eclipse6032 or something like that, hasn't been on in awhile) said about his conversion.

The fuel lines too?? Why would the fuel lines need to be replaced?

You will have to add the ABS rings and sensors to all 4 rotor

assemblies...

I know. If I get to the point that I actually do the conversion I'll own the entire car to take whatever parts I want from it, so I got all that covered.

If you want ABS, I'll drive down and you can take mine and replace with a vacuum system.

:D

You can keep your PM3, thanks :lol:

The fuel lines too?? Why would the fuel lines need to be replaced?

Yeah, I think it's because all the lines are routed slightly differently.

When I get home, I'll see if I can dig up some of Jason's old emails. I saved them because I also contemplated adding ABS.

It might be easier to make custom lines that attach to the originals if possible, but there may have been a reason why he didn't do that.

Here's Jason Link's Info:

Nah, the modulator has different locations for the

brake lines, so they are bent differently. And, ALL

of the fuel lines are different, all the way to the

fuel pump inside the tank. I have to replace them

all. The problem with the fuel lines is, right where

the modulator unit goes in one of the fuel lines has a

small cylinder welded to the line, and the cylinder

hits the modulator. Not to mention the lines (looking

from the top of the car) come up too far (they will

hit the modulator).