I and the Impala do say HI!

Nacho

One week ago today I got my 2000 Chevy Impala police cruiser. It's a nice ride that needs a little work on the inside, but still sports the power under the hood. The body needs only a few touchups. I have mods in mind already and once my Grand Am sells, they'll begin.

This is what's for sale:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2481629036&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

And here's the project:

DSC00651.jpg

DSC00649.jpg

DSC00654.jpg

^Future Plans: K&N CAI, turqoise neons on the inside (12"), PYNE or Pioneer in-dash LCD display with cd/dvd/cdr/cdrw/MP3 capabilities, center console (doesn't have one), badge overlay for bumper (chrome), purple neon for grill (6"-8"), 18" 5-spoke rims wrapped in Kuhmos or Yokos, dual Magnaflow exhaust w/ chrome tips (dual outlet), blue Xenon bulbs, custom mounted foglights, Viper alarm, custom mounted radar detector, new speakers all around, 15% tint. It needs a new alternator and brakes. Also gotta get the steering rack and suspension checked out for some popping.

Nice Impala. Before I got my Cutlass, I looked at a 2000 Chevy Impala with the Police Package (It even had the bumper bar) with like 69K miles. It was only 2,500 even.

Edit: I've seen your Grand Am listed on Ebay. It looks pretty sweet. Only problem is I'm not in Indiana and I just got a car.

thats a nice impala. that looks different with the Monte Carlo LS/Z34 rims. Was that an actual police cruiser, or like a detective car or something.

DAMNIT, what's w/ all you people just putting "Indiana" in your location? It's a big state you know. :lol: Nice car, where you located? We can line em up sometime. :wink:

It's an actual police cruiser. Only 72k. It's not the Interceptor however, just has a chip, full strut package, and a more sporty suspension. I'm in Cicero, Indiana. About 40-45 min. N of Indy.

Welcome, and might I add nice Imp! Did you pick it up at an auction? That's a nice GA you have for sale, but I gotta ask what's up with the fartcan :shock: ?

I picked it up at the dealer the PD exchanged it in at. Got it for $4000.

As for the GA. The "fart can" sounds suprisingly awesome and looks good. If you ever heard my car idle, you'd love it. Sounds like a V8 It flows with the rims too.

Holy schnit that's a good price for a 2000 Imp! I'd pay that even if it had over 200k miles on it. I notice you're looking at installing a "hidden" radar detector. I picked up a Whistler 3400 off of eBay brand new for $170. I also bought the external speaker/voice module. Installation of the antennas and speaker were very easy. I mounted the control module inside my stereo install kit (in the pocket under the stereo) and put a piece of smoked plexi in front of it to give it a stealth look. I had to cut a chunk off of the case in front of the display so I could see the readout behind the plexi, but other than that it wasn't too difficult in hiding it. I mounted the radar antenna module behind the grille and attached the laser module to the back of my rearview mirror. I clipped the speaker to the trim above the driver's door. Very stealth and seems to work very well. I'll have pics of it up on my webpage someday :wink: ...

Very cool. I'd like mine to be hidden, but I'm gonna try and reuse the drill holes that are in the car. So I'll just mount it on the ceiling where there's a couple of holes. There's a radar mount (small tab) glued on the windshield. The cop had a radar detector in the car. :lol:

Should be a fun project.