Sedan B4U

Guest Anonymous

I just paid for the last of the parts I needed (fender flares). I am working on getting the bumpers switched right now, so I can line the side panels up with the bumpers as well as the bottom of the doors so it won't look like the panels aren't lined up right. It's taking me a bit to get the job done because my car has some minor rust I'm taking care of while adding the B4U.

BTW... Yes, I know how to fiberglass, but I'm not planning on using much fiberglass. I'll post pictures when it's done.

I just paid for the last of the parts I needed (fender flares). I am working on getting the bumpers switched right now, so I can line the side panels up with the bumpers as well as the bottom of the doors so it won't look like the panels aren't lined up right. It's taking me a bit to get the job done because my car has some minor rust I'm taking care of while adding the B4U.

BTW... Yes, I know how to fiberglass, but I'm not planning on using much fiberglass. I'll post pictures when it's done.

you go girl :wink:

Its cool to see women gettin into the whole scene. A friend of mine recently hit a deer with her car. She's the girly girl type, so I expected her to freak out. No.. she went out to the junkyard, bought herself a new headlight, took to the fender and hood with a pliers and a hammer, straightened (for the most part) the body panels, installed the new headlight, and touched up the paint (with fingernail polish). I was pretty damn impressed.

touched up the paint (with fingernail polish).

:lol: :lol:

Heh.. she had to add that feminine touch somehow! I actually thought it was pretty clever.

If you click on my WWW button, on the pictures of my backend after I put the spoiler on you can see where my trunk lid says "MommyTaz022200" on it... That's blue fingernail polish. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

I cringe in jealousy of your B4U project... :oops:

I thinks its cool how you are going full force into the project. I keep seeing all these coupes running around here with B4U's and it makes me want it even more... How easy was it to do the front fascia/headlight assembly... if anything thats what I want the most... the miniquads.

Good luck with your project!

I cringe in jealousy of your B4U project... :oops:

I thinks its cool how you are going full force into the project. I keep seeing all these coupes running around here with B4U's and it makes me want it even more... How easy was it to do the front fascia/headlight assembly... if anything thats what I want the most... the miniquads.

Good luck with your project!

If I only wanted the front I think I'd get a 2 door non-B4U bumper and then put a bra on it to cover the trim not matching.

I origionally was going to do that, until I started fixing my rust and realized that under the doors where the ground effects trim was is rusted straight thru. It's just on the outward facing side, the bottom and top in the door jams are fine. I wanted all the rust cut off, so I cut the whole side area off so I can to the frame behind that. Now I'm sanding the frame and spraying rubberizing paint on it. I realized that my origional plastic will not cover the entire area I had to cut very well, the screw hole on the bottom are too close to the edge I cut, so I needed to get something that wraps farther under the car. I found the B4U trim does that. So I'm leaving the now rubberized frame open for the most part, to allow water to escape from the frame, and making some brakets to bolt to the frame. Then I will use the origional bracket bar for the top of the B4U trim and bolt that to the brackets I make so I can get the trim secure. Then any areas where the metal in the door jam is cut farther into the door jam so it doesn't meet the trim I will use fiberglass/bondo to fill it in.

If you do swap front ends, it's not real hard (so far). Other then the obvious you also need the wiring for the lighs. The blinkers are bigger bulbs, so the sockets are different. On the side of our bumpers are just reflectors, on the other they are parking lights, so you'll need those wires. As far as the headlights, I choose to follow Gearheads advice and get the glass mini-quads. I pulled the bulbs from the glass, took the metal retainer clip off the backs of my headlights and glued that at the holes in the mini-quads. So I will be using the same wires and bulbs for my headlights. IMO it's better because the glass won't get yellowed, and the helogen lights our cars have are brighter then the sealed beam lights. If you just decide to use the sealed beams, then I think you need those wires. If you want fog lights you need those wires too. All the wires are the same color as ours so you can just cut the ends off and splice the new ones in. You also need to make sure you grab all the brackets that the bumper and headlights attach to. Many of them are different. I also needed to grab the plastic covers for the lights (the lid things under the hood) cause mine were missing when I bought the car. And you need the metal bar that runs across the front end where the headlights and bumper attach to. Most of the parts were pretty easy to pull off the junk yard car. The hardest part was getting the little plastic pin things they used on the plastic behind the bumper cover off. I finally just used a tire iron and broke them off and bought new ones.

I'm half done getting the front end on. I got to finish sanding and painting my fenders and get them back on the car so I can get the rest together. I'm also keeping a "diary" of the work and will see about getting it posted in the upgrades area when I'm finished.

Wow MommyTaz, I must commend you on some of your customization. You are pretty creative. I liked the mini skirt shift boot :lol: You would never have guessed that.

How did you go about changing your instrument cluster needles to white? What do they look like at night (how about a night shot of your cluster)?

Good luck with the B4U conversion!

Someone has put B4U(91-93 style I think) on a sedan before, but I don't believe they put the B4U sideskirts on. Search the board, this topic has came up on several occasions.

Someone has put B4U(91-93 style I think) on a sedan before, but I don't believe they put the B4U sideskirts on. Search the board, this topic has came up on several occasions.

Yeah they did the whole works.. its on Cardomain somewhere.

Wow MommyTaz, I must commend you on some of your customization. You are pretty creative. I liked the mini skirt shift boot :lol: You would never have guessed that.

How did you go about changing your instrument cluster needles to white? What do they look like at night (how about a night shot of your cluster)?

Good luck with the B4U conversion!

I don't have them like they were anymore. I am making my own white face glow gauges right now, and changed my needles to blue because they would be way too hard to see agenst the white faces. I will take some pictures of them as soon as they are done.

Guest Anonymous

The pic of what jeremy posted is what i want to do... the coupe/minbiquad front clip w/o the B4U, the BYP I guess... I'd rather do just the front then all the other stuff (for now)... I think some SE coupes didn't have the B4U but did have the miniquads...

Jeremy, is that your car? how long did it take w/o doing all that extra trim?