mylifeisstupid

Well today I went to the two local auto shops with the intention of getting a qoute for a Y pipe. I own a 95 cutlass coupe 3100. The first place I went thought I wanted to just replace the exhaust, so I explained to them I wanted a custom Y pipe and the woman told me to give me an estimate they would have to jack it up and see if its possible, and the guy to do that will be there tomorrow. The second place the guy asked me, "so you want to add dual exhaust to a six cylinder? I can't help you there." I know for a fact he has a pipe bender so I don't know if he just doesn't do that kind of work, or if he just doesn't want to promote that kind of customization. That is fine I can respect that people dislike certain things on certain cars and at least he wasn't an ass about it, if that's the case.

My question for you guys is, is there anything special I should tell them? I know my rear fender has only 1 exhaust cutout, so I am not quite sure how to handle that. I know many of you have done the same thing to your w-bodies, and I am just asking for any advice that you can give me from your experience. Oh yeah, I am getting dual flowmaster super 40s on there IF the Y pipe isn't going to be a pain in the ass. If it gets to that point, I might just order one and just bolt it on the stock exhaust, but I am really looking for the dual look and sound. Thanks in advance.

keep looking for another shop, there is nothing a pain in the ass adding a dual exhaust to a w-body. let the shop know you want a split into two pipes and mufflers, maybe they're thinking you want a true dual from the manafolds which would require a ton of custom fab, if there's even enough space for it

you won't be dissopinated by flowmasters, they sound wicked. i have a video clip if of my 3.1 with dual regular 40 series. however, buy what muffler YOU want, and what YOU like the best

any muffler shop with half a clue should be able to do this, it's not hard at all. I managed to install an exhaust system from a 2001 bonney ssei from the cat back, on my '95 used everyting except the wierd shaped tips..

any muffler shop with half a clue should be able to do this, it's not hard at all. I managed to install an exhaust system from a 2001 bonney ssei from the cat back, on my '95 used everyting except the wierd shaped tips..

The tips are weird shaped on those, but they look good on the SSEi's. On another car, they look funny, but they fit the Bonnie really well and look really good IMO. My mom has a '00 SSEi (not stock BTW) and IMO the tips are badass.

Out of curiosity how much did you have to modify the exhaust to make it fit in your '95. The Bonnie is the bigger H-body so I would imagine that without work it wouldn't fit under the car well. Could be wrong though.

Shawn

not much really, most of the work was in modifying the mounting brackets for the mufflers, they are quite a bit larger. I also had to shorten the y-pipe a little. took me a couple of hours with the mig. Also had a bit of trouble getting the stock tips lined up. Well worth the effort though, I got stock stainless exhaust and have not heard a rattle from it in over 2 years. Sounds pretty good too!

YES that's what I just realized, I think I confused the lady because I said I wanted a Y pipe and that was it. Next time I see them I will elaborate on the fact that I just want the exhaust split from the cat back, thanks guys.

PS

93 even though that is a 4 door the exhaust looks wicked :shock:

exactly what I want.

YES that's what I just realized, I think I confused the lady because I said I wanted a Y pipe and that was it. Next time I see them I will elaborate on the fact that I just want the exhaust split from the cat back, thanks guys.

PS

93 even though that is a 4 door the exhaust looks wicked :shock:

exactly what I want.

i hope you can get your own set up! post some pics and clips if you do!

ok listen up. I am doing the exact same thing. Today i took my 4 door euro to Wisconsin muffler told them i want the gran prix exhaust put on my car with magnaflow mufflers. They guy put it in the air, said that will work, gave me a estimate of $712. i was like....okay. and left. Then went to advance auto parts. Said i need the pipes for a 93 gp with dual outlets. $200 i woulded out with the exhaust from the exhaust manifold back, (cause i need a need cat and all) w/o the mufflers. I ordered online Magnaflow universal mufflers, for a total of $112. ($150 cheaper the the shop) ill let you know how they sound. I am going to spray all of my pipes i get with like a heat resistant paint to protect from rust. and once i get all the parts in, i just need to fab a pipe going from the y pipe to the driver side muffler. Good luck, and feel free to ask me any questions. If you want , go to http://www.walkerexhaust.com and look in the parts catalog for a 93 gp exhaust, dual outlet.

My mufflers:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/universal/oval.htm

im getting the 3.5x7 oval alumized steel Offset/Offset part #11132