Power mirrors?

Manny

Did any of the 91-93 Euro's come with power mirrors? If not, are there any W-body's that came with them that I can graft onto my '92 euro? I get tired of reaching across the pass. seat to fiddle with that little knob.

If not, are there any W-body's that came with them that I can graft onto my '92 euro?

I can tell you that 95 Regal Coupes had them (mine does...) I'm pretty sure that the sedans had them also. I believe all W-Body mirrors are interchangable (coupes and sedans had different mirrors, though.)

I think all gen 1 W-body mirrors will interchange, but many are differently shaped so you'll want to swap them in pairs.

GP mirrors are more square shaped. Cutlass mirrors are more rounded. Cutlass plastic mirrors are larger in depth than Cutlass plastic mirrors. I don't know if there's any difference between any other type of mirrors because I don't have a Lumina or Regal.

Cutlass plastic mirrors are larger in depth than Cutlass plastic mirrors.

:?: Do you mean metal?

Lumina mirrors are really flat and just plain ugly, but I've never seen power on a lum not even the 2 loaded euros I've seen with factory moonroofs. Not sure about the Z's though.

I think only the GP', CS' and regals got the power mirrors.

I'm looking at doing the swap myself, but haven't come across anything I like that will bolt up. I might have to do some custom work to get the look I want.

Cutlass plastic mirrors are larger in depth than Cutlass plastic mirrors.

:?: Do you mean metal?

Nope, I sure don't. I was going to swap to plastic mirrors on my 89, but when I compared them, the 89 mirrors are shorter by around 1-1.5" (from front to rear). I actually like the size of the metal mirrors better.

I just spent a few minutes looking at Regal, GP, and Lumina mirrors on Ebaymotors. I think Regal, GP, and Lumina use the same mirrors.

Auctions for brand new mirrors from www.1aautomotive.com seem to support that theory.

Cutlass mirrors are the only ones that are different. Regal, GP, Lumina mirrors are more square shaped and the front is more square and flat. The Cutlass mirrors are tapered to a point in the front, kind of a more aerodynamic look.

I might see if Cutlass mirrors fit my TGP, the Cutlass mirrors have a nicer shape IMO.

cool. Thanks everyone...that means another educational trip to the J/Y. :lol: I'll check to see if the mounting holes for a regal are the same for a euro, or if I'll have to customize.