Air Intake

dsgrntld187

I know some of you have seen what I'm talking about, but Summit Racing has these air intake kits for Mustangs that put a scoop under the front bumper. Would it be possible to mod one of those up to run in my Cutty? I think that would be a good idea, but maybe thats just me.

-Spencer

Don't bother............design yourself a proper fenderwell mounted CAI and you'll get just as much power without the penchant for scooping up bugs, sticks and everything else.

Couldn't you use one of those DIY grill meshes and put it over it? Then run it to the bottom of the airbox? I don't have anything to make a CAI, and no one does them, so I don't know what I should do/get

What I'm getting at, is that you are getting NO extra benefit from all this ducting over what you would from a decent CAI............in fact, depending on how you fuck it up (routing and material), you may very well end up with a far smaller power gain than you would have.......

Seriously...........it's not like you are getting some magical "ram air" effect (ram air is nothing but a marketting scheme anyway)............