EBC Greenstuff pads (EDIT to EBC)

Heza

how long do they last? i want to get them, but dont want to replace them annually.

EDIT : how BC got up there instead of EBC, i dont know. someone shouldve put out the dumbass flag at some point on that one.

Under heavy abuse (autocrossing, track etc) the Greenstufff pads have been known to wear down pretty fast............

But.

In normal street use (even with a little abuse), they should last about as long as any other pad.

I'd buy Performance Frictions (and put up with the black brake dust) if I wanted to autocross the car or be abusive..........they take it better.

Under heavy abuse (autocrossing, track etc) the Greenstufff pads have been known to wear down pretty fast............

But.

In normal street use (even with a little abuse), they should last about as long as any other pad.

I'd buy Performance Frictions (and put up with the black brake dust) if I wanted to autocross the car or be abusive..........they take it better.

hmm...anyone else care to shed some light? i dont plan on autocrossing my car until i do a few more things to it.

are Greenstuff pads available for the front & rear or just the front? i'm pretty sure Luke has them on his TGP.

i can get them front and rear for my '96 so im pretty sure older GPs can get them too.

i just want a good judgement on them before i go with:

Raybestos Brutestop drilled/slotted front rotors

Raybestos PG Plus (or pro whichever it is) rear rotors

Raybestos Brutestop pads all four corners

instead.

what are you paying for the raybestos drilled/slotted rotors?

$91 each

price isnt really an issue with me. im working on making my car handle/stop like a slot car.

EBC greenstuff was not available for the rears of GP's but they did have them for the fronts. I truely liked them and the dust was not an issue. I was using Brutestop pads before the Greenstuff pads and they would cloud my wheels with dusk in a couple of days. The Greenstuff would hardly show dust and would stop the car very nicely. Using them for high speed runs in the mountians with hard downhill braking they never faded or glazed... 8)

$91 each

price isnt really an issue with me. im working on making my car handle/stop like a slot car.

good luck you're gonna need it

i'd like those rotors but i'm not getting raped

$91 each

why would i need luck? why would i get raped?

$91 each

i can't see a w-body handleing like a slot car

and, paying $100 for a single brake rotor is getting raped

$91 each

i can't see a w-body handleing like a slot car

and, paying $100 for a single brake rotor is getting raped

you cant see it handling like a slot car, but you drive a 4-door Cutlass. go from that to a GTP and youll understand.

any car is able to perform depending on how much you work with it.

...and for a $100, i can think of many other things that would be considered getting raped. but im not buying some cheap ass crossdrilled rotors off of eBay that look good at first and then end up cracked because the rotors were drilled and not molded with the holes already into the rotor. drilling them takes out the structural integrity out of the rotor.

I would point out that the actual PERFORMANCE differences between a slotted or crossdrilled rotor and a standard one is pretty negligible........

I think you are on the right track with a good pad (*I* still prefer Performance Friction...even WITH the nasty black dust), but I'd also look into the bigger '96 brakes and swtiching to a high temp DOT 3/4 brake fluid..........Motul RBF600 has the highest dry and wet boiling point out there (594 deg dry, 421 wet IIRC), but Valvoline, Castrol and for that matter, Performance Friction also off some (all with lower boiling points though).

I would point out that the actual PERFORMANCE differences between a slotted or crossdrilled rotor and a standard one is pretty negligible........

I think you are on the right track with a good pad (*I* still prefer Performance Friction...even WITH the nasty black dust), but I'd also look into the bigger '96 brakes and swtiching to a high temp DOT 3/4 brake fluid..........Motul RBF600 has the highest dry and wet boiling point out there (594 deg dry, 421 wet IIRC), but Valvoline, Castrol and for that matter, Performance Friction also off some (all with lower boiling points though).

considering i have a '96 GTP, i have the '96 Brakes. yes, i know contact area is a factor when it comes to crossdrilled and slotted rotors because they have less. BUT...with my current solid rotors, i cannot expel the gases fast enough and lost my braking a few times in heavy braking situations. my brake fluid is dialed in. with that noted, i need to get rotors that expel the gases past the point where my conventional solid rotors dont.

$91 each

Shit, call up GM and order some perf. rotors, wasn't it like $300 each?

you cant see it handling like a slot car, but you drive a 4-door Cutlass. go from that to a GTP and youll understand.

i understand what you are saying, but GTP's arn't exactly known as great handling cars, nor any wbody new or old for that matter

...and for a $100, i can think of many other things that would be considered getting raped. but im not buying some cheap ass crossdrilled rotors off of eBay that look good at first and then end up cracked because the rotors were drilled and not molded with the holes already into the rotor. drilling them takes out the structural integrity out of the rotor.

i also understand that, but $100 a piece for aftermarket rotors seems really high to me. but, if they're good quality products, i guess you'll pay for it. i was actually thinking about buying some of those exact same rotors when i changed out my brakes for the 3rd time this year but balked at the price. if you do get them let me know if there's an improvement

i understand what you are saying, but GTP's arn't exactly known as great handling cars, nor any wbody new or old for that matter

i also understand that, but $100 a piece for aftermarket rotors seems really high to me. but, if they're good quality products, i guess you'll pay for it. i was actually thinking about buying some of those exact same rotors when i changed out my brakes for the 3rd time this year but balked at the price. if you do get them let me know if there's an improvement

ill let you know. as i said, money is not too much of an object to me when it comes to my car. i spoil it. she appreciates it too!

Guest TurboSedan

probably not the reply he was looking for but the truth is the W-body needs all the help it can get. i wouldn't hesitate to invest some money into the brake system.

probably not the reply he was looking for but the truth is the W-body needs all the help it can get. i wouldn't hesitate to invest some money into the brake system.

i know what you mean and i'm sure a newer GTP handles better than my car but still i was just being honest about w body handling

i'd spend money on improving my brakes but i've spent too much money just trying to get my car to stop shake-free

If you want a Car to stop Shake fre. have the rotors turned and make sure the calipers don't stick.... And tighten the lug nuts by hand with a hand toruqe wrench.

If you want a Car to stop Shake fre. have the rotors turned and make sure the calipers don't stick.... And tighten the lug nuts by hand with a hand toruqe wrench.

yeah i know

i was using Bosch Ceramic brake pads which were tearing the hell out of my rotors

i got some oem AC Delco pads and turned my rotors the car still shakes somewhat but no where near as bad