i gotz a question about my bose amp.

turboz34

Has any one had probs. with there amps in there factory bose sterios? My front work pretty good but my 6x9s are almost not working at all i have to have my volume cranked to hear them at all with my ear to them. (ive switched speakers, they arent blown) I'm having this prob in my 92 z34.

I did try to search for info on this but all i got was some guy fighting with his chick and other bs. funny what u find in all the locked threads :roll: oh yeah if any one has one of these amps that might help if i need it.

Bose sucks! I wired around the bose system in my gtp. I believe the amp will limit power to speakers so you can't blow them.

Also have you check your wiring back there? It could be loose and not connected well.

The Bose systems in the Lumina's (and other early 90's GM cars) were known to have issues like that. Your amp is just failing. If you can find another one (that still works) you can just swap it, but otherwise, like everyone else always says, gank the Bose and replace it with aftermarket.

After market huh? that sounds good. is there like a specific little 200 watt that will fit with out making some custom brakets. I'm gonna see if my amp in my project car works. thanks guys

If its the amp that failing you can take its circuit board to pretty much any where that does bacis fix it work on electronics and they should be able to solder in new components to fix her up good. Plus it will only cost you a couple bucks. Typically its some 15 cent capacitor that blows on the board and causes all of the problems.

A couple of bucks to diagnose the problem, and then replace the dead/weak components?? I don't know about where you take your stuff to be fixed, but around here, the labor isn't cheap.

i swapped out my amps and it helped out but there is another problem some where. my wiring is all fucked up. i saw an intire bose system (same one i got) on ebay a few days ago, it went for like 20 bucks i think .im not sure. Thanks for all the help guys maybe in a few months when my other car is running ill scoop up a aftermarket or a replacement. :guns: