fuel sending unit

95GTP

First a couple q's....

How much should they run, I was told $425 by the dealer. FAQ that.

Are they interchangable from Pontiac, Olds, Chevy? I can get those in a bone yard. Its for my 1990 TGP.

Yeah the price sounds about right, not that it is!!! :lol:

Yes you should be able to take it out of any 1st gen GP and probably any other w-body. The only thing that would be specific to the TGP would be the fuel pump if at all.

Go to a junkyard and tell them that you need a fuel sending unit similar to your vehicle. They'll give you a whole fuel tank with fuel sending unit/pump intact instead. :)

I've got mine for $50

Guest TurboSedan

i got mine from a j/y Regal.....it 'looked' fine but it doesn't work :( i really should have plugged the sending unit in while the tank was out, and manually swung the level sender while my brother checked the gauge....

i replaced it last week. i have a digital cluster - my gas gauge has 16 bars that light up, IOW 16 bars = full tank. i had to drive 181 miles before 1 bar went out! wtf! it did that twice in a row and i was only getting 22mpg at the time. also, the gauge will only go as low as about 5/8 of a tank even when the tank is almost empty.

if you get a j/y sending unit be careful - alot of W-bodies had sending units with quick disconnect lines, whereas mine has flare fittings. you might have to look around for awhile before you find one with the same fittings that match your car.

good luck.

Go to a junkyard and tell them that you need a fuel sending unit similar to your vehicle. They'll give you a whole fuel tank with fuel sending unit/pump intact instead. :)

I've got mine for $50

Thats what I'm talkin about! But you just dont know what your going to get and that isnt a fun job to put in a crappy part, but I'll probably go that route. IF I fix it at all.