life hates me !!!! :( on my new GTP too

john99gtp

i was just driving to lunch at work today, took a right turn, and heard it.

Wasnt to bad, but I had to drive it home. Stopped at a garage cause by the time i got home, i could barely do 20mph.

Any ideas what it is/how much to fix and shit?

This sucks, I JUST GOT THIS CAR :( :( :( :cry:

John

I can't get the link to work (DNS Error), but if it's a broken sway bar, I don't think it's a good idea to weld it. Aren't those things made of spring steel?

I would just buy a new one. I don't know about 97+, but they're not a huge deal to swap out on a gen 1.

just so he can drive it again, also, could prolly weld it back togeather for 10$

so thats a better idea then spending 110 unneccesary dollars...

also, its like welding a shock mount back togeather, just make sure that you get some-body good to do it so it doesn't go out of alignment (even though i'm not completely sure how that could happen.

ALSO a weld should hold longer then any other part of the sway bar, if you guys know anything about welding, you guys should know that a good weld should hold better then the steel next to it...

as i said WELD IT

also keep in mind a sway bar is just for stiffer handling. the clunking was most likely caused by the bar hitting the part that broke off when the a-arm moved up and down.

shawn, the pics work now if you wanna see what im talking about

:cry: :cry: :cry:

My mechanic said he has never seen a sway bar do that. EVER!

Guess its weird eh?

John

theres a reason they make bushings and stuff for suspension, so why on earth would you weld it? Suspension parts need to give a little for the car to ride/act like a car should. I know....lets go weld the motor and trans to the subframe, that'll make it stronger :roll:

theres a reason they make bushings and stuff for suspension, so why on earth would you weld it? Suspension parts need to give a little for the car to ride/act like a car should. I know....lets go weld the motor and trans to the subframe, that'll make it stronger :roll:

temorary....

just so he can drive it again, also, could prolly weld it back togeather for 10$

so if your done flaming then leave it alone...