Pictures of the Cutty after removing stripes and a bath

Dannymik

Removing the vinyl stripes of my Cutlass was a huge pain in the ass! I used a hair dryer(neighbors thought I was crazy) to help peel of the vinyl, but this shit just kept cracking on me. I was almost at the point of taking it in to have someone else deal with it, but the little voice in my head repeated the word patience over and over. The metal surface was slightly damaged(a good buff would help), but the plastic bumpers should get repainted. I snapped some shots after I gave her a bath, clayed the hood then waxed(just the hood....lazy) with step 2 mothers. I'm fairly happy with the way she came out although I do have to get comfortable with here minus the stripes. Tell me what you think keeping in mind that Im not done detailing her.

This is what happens when vinyl turns ugly and fussy to remove.

Picture_004.jpg

I always liked this view of her

100_0125.jpg

The hood after a quick use of the claymagic and 2nd step of mother wax

100_0126.jpg

I rested the camera on the front of the hood to give you a better view....clean!

100_0128.jpg

I had to get one of the interior

100_0130.jpg

Here's the ever so reliable 3100

100_0131.jpg

This angle shows where the rust is starting....wheelwell...I took off the wheel trim and small piece of the ground effects to trace where the cancers was spreading....not so good :roll:

100_0121.jpg

Well thats all for now folks...there is more work to be done!

That looks really good dude!

And what is that thing below your headunit? With the lights 'n shit.

thats the led for my alarm....just a little larger than the oem one that came with it.

i loved those stripes.

key word is "loved", but they started to look like shit. I wish I spent the cash to get them painted on, I'd still have them.