Still a no go (cooling problem)

Guest RedCutlassSL

Guest RedCutlassSL

I've replaced the fan motor, relay, and i tried using a different computer to get my #1 fan working, and its still a no go. Anyone have any other ideas i could try?

Guest RedCutlassSL

its a 95. um..i pulled the sensor under the throttle body. i was told that if you pull that while the engine is running, the fans will kick on, and stay. also the check engine light will come on. well that came on, but no fans

I had the same problem with my car turns out my fuse was blown. If I were I would test the fan motor by using jumper wires and connect them from the battery to the fan. Also if you unplug the CTS (coolant temp sensor) below the intake, it will make both fans turn on, but i'm not sure if you have to jump the wire so you better be sure before you try it.

I had the same problem with my car.So i straight wired a ground wire

out of my secondary cooling fan fuse.So when my ignition is on

my fan stays on while the motor is running . But just last week i was at a drive thru and my cuttlas started to overheat.I found out that my secondary fuse blown when my radio fuse blown.It helped my car a

lot to do that to my car.

Only one of my fans will go on to cool the engine too. I asked a mechanic how to fix it and he told me that only one is to cool the engine and the other one is for the air conditioning. He showed me when my air is on that fan does turn on.

Is your car actually overheating, or is the fan just not going on? If the fan just don't go on try turning on your air and see if it starts spinning.

its a 95. um..i pulled the sensor under the throttle body. i was told that if you pull that while the engine is running, the fans will kick on, and stay. also the check engine light will come on. well that came on, but no fans

the fans wont come on from that cause it defalts to like -42 degrees or something like that..... cold @ any rate....

later

joe