Easiest way to get Tint Gook off...

cryptnix

Whats the easiest way to get that stupid tint goop off the window? I've been using Windex and a razor blade but I do not want to scratch my winders...

Like I recently posted about getting a ticket for this I want to get that crap off so I can throw my 35% on ....

what about goo gone? it also helps to heat up the left over adhesive while cleaning up...I know now since I removed my stripes(boy did that suck in the worst way).

Ammonia works good.. I've always used Castrol SuperClean. Razor, of course, but I always thought the windows were annoying to razor at.. being curved and all.

Automotive Wipe Away... I got a 16 oz. bottle at AutoZone for like $3 and so far I have not found anything it won't remove. I've even used it to take tree sap off my paint and it got it off without any damage to the paint or clear coat. It's made with Orange Extract too, so your car won't reek like cleaning stuff, just oranges.

I use a product called servi-sol(basically a thinner) and plastic razor blades. The only effort is not dripping the gobs of glue on anything.

Forgot to say the Wipe Away is something you put on a cloth, rub it on let it sit for a minute or so then wipe it off. Might have to repeat it if the goo is thick.

i used lacquer thinner.....

but..i was at my local wally mart last week and noticed they carry

something call Window Tint Remover in the auto section

i don't remember who made it now tho

oreillys sells a product, cant think of the name but they sell a kit(spray, razor blade and instructions) that you spray onto your windows and let sit for about 30 mins. and scrape off w/ the razor blade and it works like a dream.