Random questions

Psych0matt

A few questions:

First, does anyone recognize this emblem? I thought it might be either some sort of dealership add on or maybe some special edition or something, but i havent seen another one.

emblem.jpg

Myhood doesn't sit right on the drivers side, it looks like this

fender1.jpg

fender2.jpg

Anyone else have that problem or know how to fix it? (i think the bracket might be bent)

And does anyone have or know where i can get another trip piece for a convertible like this one

trimbroke.jpg

thanks guys, i apreciate all the help i can get

i bought it last august, and have just started working on it. As far as it being lowered, I'm really not sure. I didn't lower it, but the guy I bought it from might have. the vin is 1g3wt35x5rd322616

oh, and that isnt a dent in the fender, its like bird crap or a scratch or something. I had bnever noticed it until i took that picture like 10 minutes ago :-)

I think the emblem is just something someone made just for fun. It sort of looks homemade to me.

It doesn't look lowered to me???

The gap between the rear 1/4-panel and door looks a little off. That, coupled with the hood, makes me wonder if the car has ever been wrecked.

GOOD GOD THAT THINGS BEEN THROUGH ALOT SON!

CHECK YOUR PM ... I HAVE SENT YOU ITS INFO AND IT HAS BEEN SLAMMED IN THE FRONT QUITE HARD ... FROM WHAT I READ :-( POOR CUTTY!!

wow, yeah, that woulda been nice to know when i bought it. But mechanically they either did an awesome job fixing it or it wasnt that bad, cuz i woulda never suspected it had been in an accident with the way it runs and everything, just that hood being off. heh, oh well, not gonna fret about it :-)

From the look of the front, I'd worry about it. It looks like the tire is a full 1/2 foot (give/take a few inches) closer to the front of the car, it's off in the wheelwell. Unless it's just turned or something. It just doesn't look right.

Well whoever owned that thing must have been nuts ... (or blonde)

Accident Report Date: Source: Detail:

09/04/1997 Florida Police Report Accident Reported

Involving right side impact

with another motor vehicle

01/13/1998 Florida Police Report Accident Reported

Involving a front impact

or collision

i'll guess either blonde or someone who escaped from the retirement home 8) and yeah, the wheel is turned about 6 inches or so to the right

As far as the emblems on the back: The are the initals "P" "T" "H" in the nautical flag alphabet. The guy must have been a boater? Folks usually put them on their front tag.

might be a bent control arm. just take some measurements underneath to make sure bothe sides are even. that's the easiest wat i know without having to pay for someone to tell you

The piece of weather stripping is about $60 from GM and only the drivers side is available, if you want to do the passenger side you'd have to buy the drivers side and do a slight modification to it. I can't believe they don't make those pieces available these cars are reaching the age where weatherstripping starts to die and just about every convertible I've seen has a problem with that particular piece. I used silicone caulk to temporarily repair mine untill I get a replacement piece, that way it won't come off in huge chunks and let water into the car. It looks like ass, but it keeps out the water for now.

I just noticed that your probably talking about the fiberglass trim and not the weatherstripping behind there on the quarter window. That you'd have to get from a junkyard, and good luck with that, these things are like gold when wrecked. To tell the truth you could probably make twice what the car is worth by parting the thing out.