Clay bar

topless94style

Found one, bought it and used it. Unfourtunatly(sp?) it decided to rain right in the middle of me doing it!?!! :evil: The skys were clear blue when i started, and half way through they went black and rained the rest of the night.

Thats not the point of this thread, so far i have finished my hood driverside of the car and my trunk lid. It makes a pretty good difference, I spent 3hrs washing, clay baring, polishing, and waxing those areas. I still need to do the other side, and clean the interior. Then it will be clean until next week lol.

I just bought the clay bar yesterday. I only tested it on a couple areas(very small) so I cant give my opinion yet. My question is when the lubrication is all gone do you have to spend another $13 to by a new clay bar package? How many full car uses do you get out of this stuff?

You can buy a bottle of that quick detail stuff. You can use the clay quite a while, I've heard to also break it into a couple pieces. I plan on claying and waxing this weekend. I'm going to use a garage though in case it rains! :lol:

many people cut those things into smaller peieces (about 4), and only use one peice per use. I personally just used the whole thing, and tossed it afterwords. Some even keep them for much longer, and keep em in a plastic bag.

When I did mine, i used almost all the QD. You can get more easliy though

jon

Keeping it in a plasic bag doesn't do much unless you squirt some of the detailing spray in the bag before hand. If you don't you just end up with a plastic bag stuck to a lump of clay. At least thats what happened to the Mothers Clay Bar I used last summer and tried to save. Live and learn.