what do you guys think of these wheels?

Cornerdealy

eh. I think they'd look awesome if the spokes went straight out from the center rather than at angles. Besides that I think they look good.

I like those wheels, think they would look good! They are almost like a "sawblade" style (ok well not really) 5-spoke. Someone needs to photochop them!

they look old skool to me....like they would have been popular in the mid 90s maybe.

Agreed, those scream 93' Camaro.

:lol: Keep in mind, most of us drive cars older than that!

Photoshop.. But I like 'em. I think they'd look good.

they look old skool to me....like they would have been popular in the mid 90s maybe.

I agree, I don't care for them.

They look like something I might find in 15" or 16" on a cheap crummy base-model W-body. Since they come in 17", they might look better, but I wouldn't care for them myself.

I wouldn't buy any new rims/tires that are under 18"...if I found a good deal on used 17's I would take them, but buying new, nothing less than 18's and more than likely 19's.....

I wouldn't buy any new rims/tires that are under 18"...if I found a good deal on used 17's I would take them, but buying new, nothing less than 18's and more than likely 19's.....

Seen the price on 19" tires lately? :shock: Especially on a W-body, 245/40ZR19 is the closest match to stock diameter which is a specialty size. I've seen 245/35ZR19 on a W-body, and I think the 40-series looks like a better fit. Also there's only 1 style of 19" that I personally find even remotely acceptable! I have yet to find any acceptable 20" or else I would love to have some.

18" is a good size for the price. The improvement in handling is unbelievable. Totally changed the personality of my car.

I can't believe anyone would put 19" on a W-Body. I mean the stock 16" wheels make the brakes look miniscule, so a 19" wheels would make it look like your using quarters for rotors. Not to mention the increased amount of inertial mass spinning that far from the hub has to hurt braking performance. I would think that 17" or 18" is way more appropriate for our cars appearance and performance wise.

I can't believe anyone would put 19" on a W-Body. I mean the stock 16" wheels make the brakes look miniscule, so a 19" wheels would make it look like your using quarters for rotors. Not to mention the increased amount of inertial mass spinning that far from the hub has to hurt braking performance. I would think that 17" or 18" is way more appropriate for our cars appearance and performance wise.

I should have clarified, I wasn't talking about for the cutty, I probably wouldn't go bigger than 18's on the cutty and if I bought them for the cutty I wouldn't buy them new because they would be worth more than the car...........

Cost notwithstanding, I can't believe anyone wouldn't put 19" on a W-body. People put 19" on smaller cars like Audi A6's and it looks fine. 20" on a W-body would look good too, although I would go no bigger than that. So the brakes look miniscule, that's because the brakes ARE miniscule. We can't help that GM put worthless, puny brakes on these cars.

19" would look hot, and if you have to ask who would put 19" on a W-body... GM, that's who!!! All their concept W-bodies have 19"s! Grand Prix GXP has 19" and so does the OSV Intrigue. :read:

Although the concepts my have had 19" wheels I'm gonna guess that they also had 13-14" brakes as well, not the wimpy 11-12 we've got :lol:.

Na, anyways. I would agree the brakes are generally worthless (at least for fast stops). Personally I just don't like the look of big rims and tiny brakes. It looks ricey in that the upgrade is only appearance oriented and not backed up by true performance (big brakes are the reason for big wheels last I knew).

(big brakes are the reason for big wheels last I knew).

bigger wheels with smaller tire side wall give the car a tremendous gain in the handling department too....

I think big wheels primarily for looks.

There's no brakes big enough to necessitate 19 or 20" wheels, much less the 22, 23, and 24" wheels they put on trucks and SUV's.

The smaller sidewall helps handling, but my car with 18" handles so well, I doubt smaller sidewalls would be of any benefit. Most people buy the big wheels only for looks, that's their only purpose. That's why there are sporty looking 18" wheels, but all 20"+ wheels look bling bling ghettolicious. I have found a handful of sporty looking 19", but not many.

Big wheels have to be for looks only. Gas mileage and accelleration are both negatively impacted by ghettolicious 19" rims and small sidewall tires. Car and Driver or Motor Trend (one or the two) did an article on that in last month's issue.

Here you go, 19".

osv640.jpg

The 19" wheel to tire ratio looks good to me, even though the style isn't my favorite, it still looks nice! The brakes don't look hardly any bigger than stock. Looks like 16" wheels would fit on this car.

Big wheels have to be for looks only. Gas mileage and accelleration are both negatively impacted by ghettolicious 19" rims and small sidewall tires. Car and Driver or Motor Trend (one or the two) did an article on that in last month's issue.

i read that. very interesting article

i read that. very interesting article

I read that, and then I read something in the Dayton Daily News (my local newspaper) in the section for teens, etc, about how to pimp out your ride with huge rims, stripes, etc. I couldn't tell if it was tongue-in-cheek or what, but it was seriously a step-by-step guide about how to RICE out your car!