Front end hardware

god910

Okay, I got my new wheel bearing, and was taking the old one out today, and had one hell of a time getting one bolt out. When I finally did get it out the threads were all jacked up. I only had 3 in it to begin w/ because one was broken last time. The other 2 weren't stripped, but the heads have seen better days. So, I just decided that I'm gonna get all new hardware. Does anyone have the part numbers for the bolts that hold the wheel bearings in. I would just goto the hardware store and get some grade 8 stuff, but they have that spacer in there, and my luck it's a crush washer of some type and I would SOMEHOW fuck up my new bearing. So, new GM hardware it is. I also need a new axle nut and washer/spacer for the axle shaft. Man, this thing is pissing me off. To top it all off I keep thinking, "You know dumbass, you want to do the big brakes, so just do it and get it over w/." BUT, I want this car running LAST WEEK, so I just want the fuker back together. I need to bleed the brakes, but can't until I have the suspension back together. :x But hey, at least I can start it up, and hear it run whenever I want. BUT DAMNIT, I WANNA DRIVE IT!!! TIA.

Guest TurboSedan

i have extra wheel bearing bolts/spacers and probably an extra axle nut washer i can send out tomarrow if you want them. i'm sending you a memcal and a couple of big boxes of stuff tomarrow anyway :)

know you knwo how i felt all winter, cept it was def. worth the wait...

i say you just do the brakes, shit i did everything i could do when i had the car apart, i suggest you do the same.

Josh, that would be awesome. That way I don't have to get fucked by the General and have to pay $9 for a god damn bolt.

Well, to be honest. I have done this sooooo many times. I can have a wheel bearing out start to finish in about 15 minutes. So, it won't be that much work later on, and I would rather be driving my car in a day or two, rather than having to wait until next weekend to goto the j/y and buy all the shit I need to do the swap, then put half of it on, then next thing you know there is other shit I need, and the d-ship is closed, So I have to wait until Monday to get the parts then I can't work on it till the next weekend. Do YOU see a pattern forming here? :lol: This way, I put it back together then I can take my time to get the parts for the swap and plan it for a weekend. (Or next winter, when I really like to work on Sunshine.) I prefer to drive it when I can. :wink: Josh, the lemme know if you have 4 bolts (I don't think the spacers come off) and the axle nut washer. If not, I'm going to the d-ship tomorrow. (P.S. Tomorrow I will be receiving the stuff from Moates.net for my tuning (5 29C256 chips and the zif sockets) So, I'll be ready for the MEMCAL when it get's here. TIA.