GP site finally up

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Whiteout,

The front clip won't get done for a while... I just dont have the time, patience, or resources to do that big of a job... yet. After the DIC mod, im out as far as custom mods go. Ive seen a few sedans with the coupe clip on floating around on this site, they look awesome. What I would like to do is buy an entire gp coupe and strip it for all its worth, including the B4U, bumpers, headlights, and anything inside (rear buckets???)

Guest Anonymous

Your wish granted, I just updated it with a pic of the engine on page 7.

I added a wish list to the intro and a bit more on the HUD page.

Thanks guys!

Nice GT, keep er' clean...spray the engine off w/ some simple green or the like(cover up your alt/coilpacks and whatnot just for good measure) and it would look a whole lot better under the hood. Another tip for doing the engine that a lot of guys do is cover up the electrical stuff and after you've washed everything down, take a can of "Tire Foam" and spray it all over the engine..it will make the engine look like it's been detailed(makes all the hoses and other black items look really nice/shiny).

EDIT: edit, when using the tire foam, spray it on and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes and then wipe off any excess.

I notice one of your comments that says the engine redlines at 8000rpm?

Um no.............make that 7K (which you can't even get to since the auto trans chip actually rev limits lower than indicated redline).

Oh, and 94-95 OBDI SFI engines are rated at 210hp@5200rpm (although peak power is actually closer to 5500-5700 according to dyno plots I've seen) and 215lb/ft@4000rpm

You should get some of the 5-spoke wheels, it'll really change the look of the car.

You probably should also get the FFP upper motor mount to replace that weak stocker.

Guest Anonymous

90 TGP, yes, I am looking for some 5 spokes... I dont like the ones that I have on there now... they are just plain ugly. I've seen sedans with the 5 spokes around alot, they look great... I was considering the crosslace ones as well.

well anything past 7 on a 3.4dohc is hell on the motor with stock heads.

im not going to dought you have gotten the motor to rev past 7k.

I have pegged my my tach once and only once yes 8.5k rpms scared the piss out of me and had hella vibration. It happend b/c the tranny had a freak slip in the middle of 1st and slipped from 5krpms to over 8k. It has never done it since but its possible i guess. This happend when i just got the car and had tons of problems.

im curious though.... what does your tach read at idle and what does it read when your motor is not turning?

I dont even know why I am going to reply to BIGBULS lame comments, but I have gotten the rpm's past 7, sorry bitch.

Don't "sorry bitch" me, you idiot...........look at your tach, the redline IS 7000rpm.

Eyes don't work?

I was just trying to be helpful and ensure that you have CORRECT info on your wesite.........but if you want INCORRECT stuff up there......well :?

I never said anything about where the actual rev LIMITER is or how accurate (or inaccurate your tach may be).

:roll: :roll:

As for getting the rpm past 7K............well, like Sonyman mentioned, it would probably have to be a tranny issue...........becasue according to Sappy/Vegeta (who programs FFP's chip's) the in gear rev limit on LQ1 autos is 6500rpm (although I have seen 6700 on a pair of dyno charts).

I know MY LQ1 smacks the rev limiter right at a tach indicated 7000rpm (it 's a 5 speed though).

Guest Anonymous

BIGBULS, the revs may be less on the 3.1... when you made your comment in the parenthesis (sp?) you made it sound like the car cannot go over 6500, which it has gone over it before-not often, but has. The rpms yellow at 5500 on our bonneville and it probably wont go up that high, but regardless, the gp has gone very high and i really pushed the engine hard on that run.

As far as the redline at 8, its between 7 and 8, so saying the redline is 8 isnt totaly false, maybe "between 7 and 8" would suit your preferences.

And yes, those specs you mentioned seem accurate (took alot to admit) I had read somewhere that it was @5500 rpms for both the hp and torque, so that is what I went by. whether it is 5200 or not is just nitpicking.

Now the subject is dead

Guest Anonymous

Sorry, but in response to the previous question, when the car is idling its usally a bit over 1K on the tach...

Not sure if this is good or bad... Just crusing along its between 2 and 3 depending how fast im going, usually down by 2 though.

Im not positive what the previous owner had done with the engine... As far as I can see its stock, but when I bought it the lady's husband had made some sort of mention of a "performance upgrade", that they had done, whatever the hell that means.

I may be asking for it, but I am curious to know what BIGBULS thought of the other pages about my car, minus the typos.

I may be asking for it, but I am curious to know what BIGBULS thought of the other pages about my car, minus the typos.

Well, the DIC install actually looks decent for what it is, and you've added a couple of other nick-nacks too. Plus I like the mini-quad idea IF the facias interchange (I think sedan and coupe fenders may be a little different)..............might want to look into some kind of a way to integrate the GFX a little better though.........I'm not sure the BFU front clip will match too well with the sedan sides/rear............it's up to you.

I also see you edited the "Rice Burner" comment as well...................it's a little more.............sensible........now :wink:

Guest Anonymous

the front fascia with the B4U will NOT go on becuase of the trim differences. However, a base fascia from an SE will just as long as it is standard trim... they are alot of work to do, someone has done it on here before.

The DIC looks nice but I dont think I will be doing another one anytime soon... too much work.

anyway, thanks... it didnt get totally ripped to shreds :shock:

anyway, thanks... it didnt get totally ripped to shreds :shock:

I call them as I see them........nothing personal.

I don't rip on people for their opinions, rather for incorrect FACTS.

And if asked for my *opinion*...............well, it's normally not THAT much different than anybody else.

You see?

Oh...........and I forgot that some SE's had miniquads. In my OPINION, it will look a a lot better than the goofy SE light bar :P

Guest Anonymous

Some 94-96 SE coupes did not have the B4U trim... they are few and far between... and thats the only one that would match the front... all the other fascias have different trim. The lightbar needs to go. Unfortunatly, the sedans never came with the miniquads :?

I should have bought the 94 coupe with the B4U when I saw it, and wouldn't be stuck with that hideous lightbar....

not to beat a dead horse but I notice you have the newer interior with that particular cluster I have. My tach compared to the scan tool reads 250rpm too high, linearly across the rpm range and I have a cluster like yours. It's very common of these clusters and I'm sure it was like this from the factory. I'm going to experiment with removing the needle and reinstalling it so it points just a hair lower than now. Like I said it's a linear error so by just doing this, the problem will be reduced if not eliminated.

Guest Anonymous

Im not sure on whether or not my tach is on or off, however my fuel gauge IS WAY OFF... and def. needs to be fixed... it bounces back and forth, ususally more than a quarter tank, while im driving :?

Ive considered getting it fixed, but havent really looked into it that much. My friends old '94 GTP had the same problem (the GTP ceases to exist), I think they did get it fixed, however.

One thing that I was considering doing... could I put on a front bumper WITHOUT changing to the miniquads, ie puuting in the bumper with the twin kidney grille and separated foglights and leave the unsightly bar for now?

The fuel gage is common too, mine's like that. I have no figgin clue either, cause my '89, old '90, sis's '93 and dads '02 GP are fine. Sensitive level sensor eh!

Guest Anonymous

Yes, the best is when im driving down a back road at 1 am and the low fuel light comes on in the HUD... and I dont really know how much fuel is actually in there becuase it keeps going back and forth...

yeah I use the trip odo since I calculate fuel economy manually. plus just estimate your fuel when you're not accelerating or taking a turn, or braking :oops: