Smokin' Electrical Problem and Missin' {UPDATED W/ CODES}

GP1138

Ok, guys. I'm probably stupid for trying to drive this car still, but I'm kind of fixing it up for someone to buy on here, so I need your expertise where mine is failing me.

The wreck I got into has rendered my car castrated. Yes, it has no balls anymore. I have a miss, that's seemingly random. Under load, or anytime really, the car will pop and hesitate like a hypochondriac about to enter a hospital. I'm thinking ICM, because for some reason mine isn't bolted down, and I'm thinking it flew forward and hit something when I hit that truck. Any other ideas on what a front impact could affect drivetrain wise would be appreciated.

Next item: my headlights were fuxx0red, so I went to the boneyard and pulled a new headlight bar and headlights from a base model Prix. I managed to get those put on correctly (my back is KILLING me!) but I've got another problem. My dash lights will not work.

It's not even as simple as that. The circuit is fucked. If I have any amperage fuse in there, the headlight switchpod smokes and I believe the trace that runs the dash lights melts. This has happened twice now. I need to know what all is on that circuit, because ostensibly nothing else is affected by not having a fuse in there. This wouldn't be a big deal if I didn't ever have to drive at night (can you get pulled over for having no dash lights?) but I do.

Any ideas would be appreciated. If any more information or detail is needed, feel free to ask.

:shock: :shock: damn, i wish i could troubleshoot electrical stuff over the internet or hell even on the phone but thats someing i need to be there for, i really wish i knew where to start helping you here. do you have a FSM? if not i'll try and get you some wireing diagrams. good luck with that

Ok, update. My SES light came on when I started up the car at the car wash after vaccuming the broken window glass off my floor and seats.

I got codes 23, 35 and 42.

Trouble Code 23 indicates that the Manifold Air Temperature (MAT) sensor or Intake Air Temperature (IAT) is reading lower than expected. When the air is cold, the thermistor has a high resistance, which falls as the air charge warms. Low readings thus indicate possible open circuits in MAT circuit.

I'm not sure what caused this one. I've never seen it before, and not sure how to go about finding the problem.

Trouble Code 35 indicates a problem with the Idle Speed Control (ISC) circuit. It will be set when the closed throttle engine speed is 200 RPM above or below the desired (commanded) idle speed for 50 seconds.

This one I know is because of my bad IAC. If I sit and let it idle (well, if I did sit before.. it won't idle for long now) for more than about 30 or so seconds, the idle would raise up to about 1000-1500RPM and the SES light would come on with that code, so it's been stored for awhile.

Trouble Code 42 indicates that there may be a malfunction in the Electronic Spark Timing (EST) system. During cranking, the timing is controlled by the ignition module and the ECM grounds the EST line. It expects to see no activity on this line at this time. When the ECM enters EST mode, it applies +5 volts to the BYPASS line and expects to see voltage variations on the EST line.

This code, I'm assuming, is the cause of the missing and stuff. I'm gonna pick up a new ICM and coils tomorrow at the junkyard when I go to get my window glass, and see what that does. I'm tired of my car dying at intersections and stop signs. :evil: