Has anyone tried this?

dsgrntld187

I'm sure most of you have seen this car, but has anyone besides Conley Racing made a rear wheel drive W-Body? I'd love to see a RWD Cutty. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look at http://www.conleyracing.com/CarCorral/GrandPrix/Grand_Prix.htm

A UNIQUE - 98 Grand Prix WITH Buick GN/T POWERPLANT & DRIVETRAIN: Stage I 3.8, Alum. Heads, TH-2004R, Art Carr, Ford Fab. 9", Speed-Pro Fuel Mgmt, Baer Brakes, MANY, MANY Extras - SHOW QUALITY, Almost Complete. OVER $110K invested - Will SACRIFICE @ $55K.

GP%20Frtside1.jpg

Edit: It wasn't a dead link, I just put a period at the end by accident

Dead link. You can get to in by clicking on the "Car Corral" link on their main page. There's some other cool cars on their site too. I like that GN powered Jag. Come to think of it, anything GN powered = teh win. :mrgreen:

Ya sweet.....arent GNs rare? :evil:

I dont care how badass that is, the guy who built it should die for stripping the rare car of its rare powerplant/drivetrain. If he has $110K to blow on a car, might as well have made that GN one sweet ride.

That is....if its all true GN parts of course.

what if the GN body was trashed? and he had a GP with a blown engine? Heh.

GNs are rare, of course. Actually...saw one on the drive to school. Every one Ive seen, each one i make a point to let the person know that they have the most amazing car in the world. Everyone of them has been someof the nicest people ive ever met

jon

umm, you can build a complete GN motor with off the shelf aftermarket parts. dont get your panties in a bunch. the people that would ruin a turbo buick just to get the driveline out of it are few and far between.

umm, you can build a complete GN motor with off the shelf aftermarket parts. dont get your panties in a bunch. the people that would ruin a turbo buick just to get the driveline out of it are few and far between.

thats what i figured :lol:

Either way I love that GP. If I had 55k to blow, I'd buy it. I love the stance of that car, and I'm betting the power isn't bad either ;-)

A guy near Atlanta, GA is converting a 94-96(not sure the exact year) Grand Prix GTP to RWD and turbocharging the 3.4 DOHC V6 in it.

I still wanna see a RWD Cutty. I already saw a RWD 95 Lumina in an article in a magazine. I think it was lime green and called the Intimidator.

I meant Monte Carlo

I still wanna see a RWD Cutty. I already saw a RWD 95 Lumina in an article in a magazine. I think it was lime green and called the Intimidator.

I meant Monte Carlo

I've never seen that Intimidator before...or at least I don't recall seeing it. I do remember the newer style FWD Monte Carlo Intimidator w/ ~300hp from a 3800 series II though.

Found a link to it(second page has engine specs). http://popularmechanics.com/automotive/sub_concept_gmtoys/2001/1/Monte_Carlo_Intimidator/

Nah it wasn't that one. It was back in 95-96, and it was lime green, and I remember them showing it doing a burnout. It had a gutted hood held down by hood pins, and it was rear wheel drive. Sweetest Monte I've seen out of the 95+ Montes.

I guess I didn't have the details of it down completely, but the last time I heard about it I was only 7 or so. They shoulda mass produced some of those.