If someone was wacko enough to try a droptop GP

NOHC_WBody

or a Lumina or whatnot, (by cutting the Cutlass sheetmetal off the rear of the car & tacking on the respective Pontiac/Chevy sheetmetal & re-nosing the car & interior)...would the Cutlass guys get upset at hacking up a running Cutty droptop? I know it'd be an enormous amount of work, not to mention cost an arm & a leg....

sacrilege? cool? dumb? What?

*gets out plasma cutter & bondo tools* :mrgreen:

well it's obvious the biggest chore will be the rear of the car....even swapping the door skins won't be plug and play. But hey I guess if you can get a Civic fascia on a Lumina, then....

if any one that to a cutlass they would be asking for trouble i say buy a cutlass and just make a super light version of gp convert or lumina vert.

then you can have the rarest w-body of all.

i would think it would just be easier to rework the inner structure of a lumina or GP and swap over the windsheild frame from half of the A pillar up. that sounds more feasable

I've posted pics in the past that I PaintShopped to see what a Lumina or a GP vert (or even a targa) would look like....I've been watchin that new show on TLC called "Overhaulin" and they have cut the roof off two cars. (that 56 Bel Air speedster was the chit!) I can re-post my pic chops or you can check them out at

http://www.angelfire.com/film/thegreenhouse/garage.html

...cuz its always cool to dream!

I would love to try it with a Grand Prix and I have contemplated trying it a few different times.......don't know why anyone would try it with a lumina though :lol:

I would not hack up a perfectly good Cutlass to do it.

Considering the amount of work involved, you would be just as far ahead to get a car that's been hit (rear hit especially).

supreme_style has a topless GP!!! Not a convertible, just topless, LOL! Someone oughta get that junker from him and make a real convertible out of it.

Ahem.... someone needs to read the whatever section more, I took ownership of it last week. I'm not so sure what I'm going to do with it yet, probably practice bodywork and paint it with some cheap paint, then I don't know what.

Hah! I haven't had much time to spend on the board since last week I actually had to do work at work. :lol:

Anyway, that's cool that you have it. I'd use it to practice/learn some welding skills by attempting to make a real convertible out of it.

you know what ... i'm saying go for it ... if its what you want then do it!

if you think it'll look cool then all you got is that dream todo it ...

call me wacko but ... it takes a dream to make it reality

Give it to Shawn! It sounds like he's really intent on making it an actual droptop/vert. I'd love to see that.

Ah, but I live in the 'burbs and not the country, so I don't have room for it unless I get rid of one of my existing W-bodies and I just can't let go of any that I have right now!