crystal clear windows??

Euro

Alright, Ive tried just about everything to get my windows clean, but it always ends up having streaks or something. What do you guys use and what do you clean it with? I finally learned shop towels arent the way to go. Anyone try that Invisible Glass stuff?

Sometimes when I do the car wash, i get the soap that doesn't leave spots and I just wipe the water away with a squegge. Or I take normal windex and some newspaper and I just wipe away. Newspaper works really well but it has to be just black and white.

Use a razor blade and some windex to scrape off tough grime and tree sap. When you wash your windows, use a good glass cleaner such as Windex (you can't go wrong with good ole windex...) First spray the window liberally and use a paper towel to wash off the grime using a circular motion, but don't wipe it dry. Spray down another light misting of windex and wipe dry using up and down strokes. Immediately "buff" the window with a new (dry) paper towel (or 3) in a left to right motion to get out the streaks. Try to clean the windows in the shade or at night 'cause the sun will cause it to dry too fast and leave huge streaks...

my windows have some kind of fuckin permanent film on them that causes me to not be able to see shit when its raining even with new wiper blades. and i obsess with cleaning my windows. i do the correct windex method...spray good, wipe till amost dry...re-mist then dry with fresh towels..........no help. its at least 10 times worse when foggy. wth man? :evil:

my windows have some kind of fuckin permanent film on them that causes me to not be able to see shit when its raining even with new wiper blades. and i obsess with cleaning my windows. i do the correct windex method...spray good, wipe till amost dry...re-mist then dry with fresh towels..........no help. its at least 10 times worse when foggy. wth man? :evil:

I've tried straight (diluted) ammonia on the windshield before (inside and out) and that seemed to cut the heavy film fairly well.

Theres a heavy film on my back window that distorts eerything at night. I cant see shit through it....Opps thats my window tint!! lol

Mix windex and vinegar half and half to clean the film off the inside of glass. If you have tint, make sure you use a tint safe glass cleaner.

Newspaper works because of the sharp edges (crumpled up), so rotate the wad of paper around a lot to clean the glass faster.

For tree sap and tar, use kerosene. It will strip wax off paint but it does the job quickly and waxing afterwards is a small price to pay for the ease of use.

:oops:

Removing the tint grime it leaves after having to take it off ...

How? Someone give me a good idea please ... I started a few days ago and whenever I do it I lose train of thought ... :-D

Not only that I got 35% I wanna put on to so I don't wanna see really anything on the bloody windows!

:-D

windex sucks

I personally use Stoners Invisiable Glass...that stuff is AMAZING. You wont go back.

If they are dirty, and if you have the time, do it twice. Once, just use cheap paper towels, and do the usual. Then, go back with newspaper, and do it slower, again.

Also, if you having sap or really bad grime problems, pick up a clay bar. Yes, it works on glass too. Just lube it up!

jon

yeah ive tried windex, its alright. I wouldn't write home about it. I think Im going to go try that Invisible Glass stuff. Its recommended by a lot of people I know, so thanks for all your info guys!