More talk about the Big 3

SmoothSteve3

Ok, so I've heard that the Big 3 upgrade can really solve some electrical system problems. Is this true or bs? My 90 lumina has been having some electrical problems for the last year or so.....mostly, its just not producing enough juice to run all of the aftermarket lighting I've put on it.

Do you guys think that by upgrading the grounds of the Big 3, that I will solve some of my electrical system problems?

Also, can someone tell me where each of the Big 3 grounds are on a 3.1 MPFI?

Thanks!

SmoothSteve

the big three will help but will not solve all if you have exceeded the capacity of your electrical.

stock charging on my 90 cutlass and a 1500 watt car audio setup with 2 of the big 3 upgraded and i have no dimming issues.

stock alt is 100 amps

acdelco platinum dual terminal battery

upgrade batt to frame ground

upgraded block to frame ground

have not done the alt to batt positive wire yet.

i believe i have some pics and stuff here

http://www.soundillusions.net/sites/musthavemuzk/index.html

holla if i can help more

Monty

I just did all of the big 3 about a week ago because i was having problems with my amps blowing fuses because my voltage was dropping.

It does help but i found out that just doing the grounds didn't help all that much because my head lights would still dim and my voltage was not always how i wanted it tell i ran a wire from my alt. to the battery and then it solved my problems of my fuses blowing and stopped my headlights from dimming. That was tell i found out i could change some things on my HU to make the subs hit harder and now they dim again but if i didn't do the Big 3 i wouldn't be able to do that.

i was blowing 80 amp fuses and now I'm not blowing my 70 amp one that is in now.

the grounds for my car that has the 3.1 SFI on the engine block was down by the started and it ran up to the battery.