Another RKE question

RareGMFan

My original RKE receiver would atleast cycle through the doors and trunk release when the wire was grounded. Now, none of the units work that I have, and I just bought a BRAND NEW one (with new FOBS) that doesn't do anything. I know one of the units I tried to install off a different GP (the one I stripped the dark grey leather interior out of) was a tad bit different . One of the pin-outs is the exact same as the ones for our cars. There's a spot for another harness that I don't have to be plugged in. After I tried grounding that unit, it started to smoke and spark at the contact point. None of them have worked since, so I'm thinking maybe I blew out a fuse? But if so, where would it be?

Well I know the one I pulled the interior out of was at least a '92, maybe '93. But my bigger concern is that the one my car came with no longer cycles through the doors/trunk when grounded, either. And I know for a fact that one was working before the little mishap with the '92 RKE module.