Compression Tests for Dummies

grandprix104

Ok well Ive been meaning to do a compression test for a while now but i am only now getting around to it. I have never done one before and was wondering if there were any specifics on this particular engine - particularily in regaurds to disabling the ignition system so i dont have sparks flying everywhere.

So if any of you are bored and wouldnt mind shedding some light on my inexperence i would be happy for some help.

Thanks

well i finished the compression test with a high reading of 150 and a low of 125 so it looks like everything is fine. I also found a hookup for auto parts through a co-worker. Her husband works for ford but can get any auto parts at cost for me! Anyway I'll soon be planning to take a trip to my step-dads to install a head set and I may also drop the subframe and do the oil pan. Anyway now that i know that its not my engine thats shot im not going to mind spending money on it for struts and other stuff like exaust :twisted: