Speaker amps

Cartracer

OK... If i have 2 Rear speakers that can handle 110 rms and 330 peak, I should be fine with a 2 channel 400 watt amp for them right? I just wanna make sure so i dont blow anything. And also, I just hook the speakers up to the amp then i plug my amp into ?????

OKay so the amp says "400w" on it? That means its supposidly has 400w maximum peak power total. Normal power could be anything from 40-80w RMS or something per channel, which would be fine for the rear speakers.

Even if the amp does have 400w RMS (200w per channel) as long as you have the gain set correctly it will be fine. If the amp has any "bass boost" leave it OFF.

depends on the amp, very much.

an alpine 400 watt 2-way has 200 watts RMS

400 peak

kicker says 360 on there mid range amp, yet it prolly pushes twice that (typical kicker)

i would reccoment buying a 120 watt amp if its a big brand like alpine rockford fosgate or kicker...

What amp are you looking at to power those rear speakers? If we have more info on the amp we can help you make a better decision on what amp to run those speakers.

BTW Chances are you'll be fine by powering those speakers with about 50-75 watts. I know my mb qaurt speakers that take 90 watts SCREAM on only 60 watts RMS.

FYI. In case you don't know, always look at RMS ratings of speakers and amps and match those #'s rather than matching MAX ratings.