GP ragtop

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok, here is an oddball grand prix that I never saw before...I was driving home the other day and I passed a ragtop Grand Prix Sedan. Not sure of the year, but was a 88-96 w-body. The colour was green with a dark gray ragtop...

Does such a car exist, or was this some sort of aftermarket mod? Unfortunatly, I don't have a pic.

There's lots of 'em around here, usually white with a green top. Either that or i used to see the same one a lot.

There's a few Town Cars exactly the same color scheme with the same fake top.

It's called a carriage roof. You can tell it's a fake by the decorative trim at the bottom of the rear pillar that has bolts or screws in it. Usually it's a chrome trim with gold screws.

Guest Anonymous

Yep, thats pretty much what it was like... a total eyesore. I don't know why someone would even do that, especially to a grand prix, what a waste of $$$ for such an ugly thing...

Digitaloustider, I see that you have a 69 Continental... My friend used to have one of those things, man was that thing a TANK... Does this one have the oval windows in the back and the big round hump on the trunk? Those things are awesome.

No oval window, but it does have the hump on the trunk lid. It's a very cool car. Hasn't run since the late 80's though. Hopefully I can get it to at least turn over!

Guest Anonymous

I've seen one pop up once in a while online. Theres one on here under the gallery, but I've seen one elsewhere... They look really good in a convert.