Heza

ok...so i finally finished getting my girlfriend's 3100 back together after fixing the lower intake gasket. runs and everything, have a small coolant leak where i forgot to tighten the heater line enough, but thats easy for tonight.

the question is...before, the primary fan didnt turn on until extremely hot. now, it turns on right away...i think. when i first started the car up and let it sit for a couple minutes, and looked in the engine bay, the fan was spinning. should it be doing this?

i replaced the thermostat while everything was out and drained a lot of coolant out of the car. i filled it back up before i started it. could there be air in the system that is causing the coolant sensor to act stupid and fire up the fan? im currently confused.

Guest Anonymous

Did you plug all the sensors back in? Like the coolant sensor in the lower intake? or did you unplug the one in the rear head and not plug it back in?

Did you plug all the sensors back in? Like the coolant sensor in the lower intake? or did you unplug the one in the rear head and not plug it back in?

coolant sensor yes, im not aware of a sensor in the rear head. im certain i plugged all that i had in though.

Guest Anonymous

OK, then top the radiator off and start the car. Let it run until the t-stat opens and the coolant level drops and refill it. Keep doing this until the level doesn't drop and the rad. is full.

If your coolant is low the hot air hitting the sensor could be giving a false reading setting the fan off.