Double Check on Keyless Entry Remotes

99RegalGS

I have my eye on a couple remotes on ebay and I wanted to make sure they would work because they have a different FCC #'s than my Regal Remote. They do look the same though and from seaching I think they might work, but I wanted to double check.

My Regal FCC # is ABO0116T

And the FCC #'s of the ones on ebay are: ABO0104T

Thanks

Guest Anonymous

How about a link to the auctions? I can tell you by looking at them. If the buttons are arranged like this:

LOCK UNLOCK

TRUNK

it will work.

How about a link to the auctions? I can tell you by looking at them. If the buttons are arranged like this:

LOCK UNLOCK

TRUNK

it will work.

Here are the links

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2480460505&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2480422591&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

A couple of them in the 2nd one look like they won't work.

Guest TurboSedan

LOCK UNLOCK

TRUNK

it will work.

i doubt the FCC # matters at all - you'll probably never find one that's the same anyway. i got a remote from a '95 Brickyard Monte in the j/y and it works with my '91 Oldsmobile...just make sure the buttons are arranged the same and reprogram it to your reciever.

Guest Anonymous

The first one will definately work. The ones in the 2nd link should all work. The door buttons are on top and the trunk release is on the bottom. A cuple look like they may be from vans.

Yep, I can verify the ones that say REAR and PRESS TWICE in place of TRUNK still work fine.

So as long as the arrangement is

LOCK UNLOCK

TRUNK (or REAR or anything equivelent to a trunk)

It should work.

I still have the two that came from my '95 Monte if anyone is interested. They're both in great condition - the white writing labels are still plain-as-day. Of course, it has the bowtie in the middle, coming from a Chevy.

I can't use them on my Optra 5 because the FOB is actually part of the key itself. The damned thing is $153.00 Cdn at the dealer to replace - and, so far, the dealer has no means of reproducing a simple key that I'd want for a backup. Sucks to be me. I'm sure a standard key can be cut eventually, but *sheesh*.

I was under the impression that the FCC ID # on a replacement remote

had to match your existing remote....? :?:

I know when I had my Bonnville I bought an exact match...

Im trying to find something to back my thoughts up..... :wink:

When I was looking for some for my Bonneville...I didn't have one to start with....I was lucky enough to get the GM Parts guy to look up my VIN and tell me the GM remote part number...I then entered it into eBay and found people with them listed by part number and I found that, the part number given to me all had the same FCC ID#

It doesn't have to be an exact match.

As long as the button layout is correct and it's the rectangular style, it should work. I think the FCC IDs all start with ABO (TRW brand).

Even TRW remotes from other cars will work. My parents' Lincoln Mark VIII remote worked on a 90 Cutlass.