Opinion on GM CD Decks

Robby1870

Alright, the STE has a tape deck...all be it the good one (equilizer and what not), but I want a CD player, and it needs to work with steering wheel radio controls. So, what GM decks will match the STE interior buttons and look good? Any opinions welcome but dont mention aftermarket........I dont want to do the infared thing for the radio controls to work

Guest Anonymous

I would see if the standard Delco cd deck would fit. Its factory on my 95 GT and works with the wheel contols. You could find them on eBay or maybe someone has one on here. If you go to my post about the phase one of the DIc install and go to the link, you'll see at least what the bottom portion looks like. This too has the equalizer.

Buy an aftermarket deck, and use the infrared interface.

:evil:

Anyway. A CD deck from a '91-93 GP would definetly work with your steering controls and dash. I can't say for the others.

I've always preferred the factory units; they look better IMO. I don't believe the '94-up radios will work with the earlier steering wheel controls. There were a couple of Pontiac CD decks available from around '90-'93. As said, they're nice while they work. I think that the CD mechanism can be swapped out of a newer one if needed.

There's 2 of these on eBay right now: Unit 1 , Unit 2 (niether state that the CD player works)

13_2.JPG

Here's one of the others I've seen:

Img2.png

I think there is another that has all small buttons, but I can't find pictures.

I've always preferred the factory units; they look better IMO. I don't believe the '94-up radios will work with the earlier steering wheel controls. There were a couple of Pontiac CD decks available from around '90-'93. As said, they're nice while they work. I think that the CD mechanism can be swapped out of a newer one if needed.

There's 2 of these on eBay right now: Unit 1 , Unit 2 (niether state that the CD player works)

13_2.JPG

Here's one of the others I've seen:

Img2.png

I think there is another that has all small buttons, but I can't find pictures.

Thats awesome, thats what I was looking for, some pictures, thanks man!!! Dont worry Digital, Im not gonna bid.....Im broke right now

13_2.JPG

I have this one in my TGP. It works, but it still sucks ass. I wouldn't give more than the opening bid for it, considering he wants $15 s&h.

I paid $10 for mine and they threw in the tape deck with EQ for free because mine has holes punched in the buttons (like the climate controls get).

I'm jelous now. The 94 and older Regal CD player doesn't have a built in graphic equalizer. I'd need a new radio and head unit to use the stock CD player.

My portable/adapter is touchy. It has to be tapped just right to get the sound level to play correct.