stupid drivers side door

GPdriver1986

I have a leak (very minor) that happens everytime it rains and the water gets in even if the car isn't moving. I tried to fix the weather stripping by putting some putty to lift it up but its not helping much. So I was looking at the door and spacing at the top is messed up. I can't find any doors at the wreckers around here so I'm thinking maybe the hinges are not adjusted properly or maybe I can open the window and pry the top back so its in proper place. The funny thing is the hinges look ok but the thing that holds the door open has a loose pin connection and its making a clunk noise everytime I open the door (not sure if this has an effect on the problem above) Can anyone suggest anything?

I had the same problem back when I used to drive my moms 99 Blazer. The bushings on the drivers door went bad and the door sagged about 1 inch. It cost about 200 bucks to have them replace em.

I think they go around the door pin where it connects the joints. Maybe another more experienced member wants to correct me, because I didn't see the job done (I had school).

With the door open if you lift up is there play? or is it solid to the car?

If there's play the bushings would be gone, they shouldn't be too expensive and aren't that bad to change as long as you have the few necessary tools.

Does the door itself appear to sag or is it just the seal sitting in the wrong place?

the stealership only sells new door hinges now and that poping sound is a sign that the hinges are going to break. last i checked the door hinges were 120 eacn for the lower ones and 180 for the upper ones. it sucks how i'm having to pay for gm's mistake now they won't issue a recall on the door hinges on the coupes. i would say just replace the door hinges there isn't much you can do to save the door hinges on a coupe.

My car is a sedan so I don't know if its affected by this bad w-body problem. Anwyays the actual hinges on the door look good its just the thing in the middle that making the noise. The seal is all good and its in place but the door is just standing out just a little bit.