A solution.....ANOTHER Cutlass? What was I thinking?

NOHC_WBody

Ok...I admit it. I'm a W-Body nazi....no wait..scratch that. I have a W-Body fetish. Maybe it's just the fact that I know how to work on them without bashing each & every knuckle...maybe it's the mountain of spare parts I've collected over the years....maybe it's just mental illness...who knows?

I may have found a solution to the "bandaid the Gutlass with a tranny rebuild vs. parking it to do the L67 swap". I found a 1988 Cutlass Supreme International, just like the Gutlass. It's got everything the Gutlass has, minus a sunroof. Same color interior. 120K, clutch has less than 5K on it, no oil/coolant leaks, Just about perfect shape(minus the paint lol GM waterbase paint)..no rattles or clunks..Get this. It's a 5 speed lol rare. It shifts good, the synchros seem to still be there & I can get (Getrag)282's all day off a local boneyard that has them by the truckload for ass cheap. $900 bucks gets me the 88'.

I buy it. Wife has a car to drive. The Gutlass gets to be a parts car for a while.....just in case something major's wrong with the motor, hell...that was going to be attached to the bass boat anyway lol anchor. I mean, it's not like I'm buying a finicky hard to get parts for sports car...hell, I'll have a parts car right beside it, parked. I get to start pulling the drivetrain on the Gutlass & start prepping it for the L67 IMMEDIATELY. I can mount the suspension(the 34mm front/Addco 7/8ths rear swaybars & FUT & RHU springs), axles, everything I have now. Run all the L67 wires, at my leisure, from standing in the engine bay.

I'm going to hit it....if the wife agrees to it.

i see your in lebenon VA. I remember talking to you before, but how far is tht from richmond? WE only have like 2 here, ive only been to chesterfield Auto.

jon

Richmond's about 5-6 hours from us. I have a sister in law that lives in Richmond as well. I'll have to give you a shout next time me & the wife go visit her.

cool cool cool. I think I told my GF about your car once (wasnt it silver/black) and shes always wanted to see one like that. Im just currious, for some reason I thought your wifes car was like the same color or something as mine? Is that right?

jon

Here it is, at Bristol Int. Dragway last summer. It's Black Sapphire Metallic. it's closer to a dark blue than black, but from 20 feet away it looks almost black. The wife had been driving it since I totalled her Crapalier last July.

Gutlass_theorg.jpg