ABS Light

EurosportZ34

My ABS light has been staying on recently in my Z34. It doesn't come on until I put the car in Drive and start going, then it comes on and stays on. Doesn't blink or anything just stays on. Anyone got any ideas as to a quick fix?

Doesn't blink or anything just stays on. Anyone got any ideas as to a quick fix?

Well, there is no quick fix... honestly...

Since it comes on when you start driving, willing to bet it's a faulty wheel speed sensor.

However, you don't know exactly which one it is untill the ABS system is hook up to a scanning machine and read.

Find a buddy or local mechanic who can read ABS systems and start with that.

- Erik

Guest RedCutlassSL

your car has low voltage. in these cars, when your not putting out full power, the first thing the computer turns off is the abs. check your battery, and your alternator.

your car has low voltage. in these cars, when your not putting out full power, the first thing the computer turns off is the abs. check your battery, and your alternator.

Sounds logical. I was gonna say there is a way to pull the ABS codes yourself, but I'll be damned if I can get that website up.

My car is also doing this, but the battery is new, and the alternator is a new High Output 150 amp?. So, I would say wheel sensor on mine?