Larger throttle body?

90TGP

Are you talking about the J-bodyperformance (or whatever they are called) TB's? I looked into them, and I even had a few email to and fro the owner. The main problem we will run into is the mouth. It's pointed straight out. In a typical install this wouldn't be a big deal, but for us that means a different upper I/C pipe since ours is solid save 1/4" of a rubber coupling. I talked to him about getting some N20 ports machined into the housing, and he said I'd have to drill and tap them. :roll: It's the only option that I know of, so it's that or nothing as of now.

P.S. IF it's the one I'm talking about, the mouth simply bolts on, so you could modify, or make your own for the stock upper I/C pipe. (But I for one will be making a different pipe to move the mount location.)

Im still working on getting those TBs to sell (cheaper than JBP). I should be able to get them though. As for being drilled for nitrous, I might be able to have one done like that. Also, if you can tell me how you would need the front opening, I can try to have a 1 off made as well. Dunno how much that would cost or if its feasible but I can surely give it a shot.

How big are your 3.1L MFI TB's going to be?

I know you want to go with some monstrosity for LQ1's (75mm or something), and that may be good for those who have cams and whatnot, but I wonder how much good a larger TB will do for a 3.1L?

A friend of mine added a 59mm TB (from your favorite company...RSM) to his 3.1L MFI Beretta, and got NO SOTP difference at WOT (it hisses more under part throttle though). I think the runners/cam/heads combo just doesn't use the extra air very efficiently...............maybe the Turbo engines will do better?

Which reminds me...............I have STILL not seen ANYONE dyno a throttlebody on a GM 60 deg V6 yet (the closest thing I've seen is the combined 67mm TB, ported upper/lower intake combo from RAT back in the day........which made like 6 or 8hp combined).

I went from 52mm to 56mm with a top end swap. The total swap made one hell of a difference mostly in mid to top end. :D It's only a 13% increase in TB size but this turbo seems to like it. Or I guess it likes it all.

Get a biger turbo first. :) The T-to small just won't cut it. You don't have to spend 1300 for a GT28rs, a GT-28 bb ( about 800) now will melt every piston you will ever own. :lol: :lol:

Jud

Be a little while before I can take it to the track. Getting to much knock retard. :cry: I’ve got to get more fuel in it. I am going with a RRFMU, Cartech either the 2022 or the 2025 leaning more towards the 2022 because I only have 80 PSI to work with. Best price I have found is 219.00. Be a couple weeks before I get one.

If my step son could pay his rent and stay out of jail I would have one by now. :evil: :guns: Maybe they will give him some time and we can recover financially.

Don’t know how bad ass it will be. It is fun to drive. :D No cam this time, used the stock roller, and stock heads no porting. Did have to grind the shit out of the exhaust manifolds to fit the D port.

Will find out how it does soon. My base line stock is 15.30, 90*, 90% humidity 2 or 3 years ago. Only made 2 runs, it was just too dammmn hot.

Jay, Have you tried your slicks yet? Can’t wait to see what the difference is. Launching with these cars is the biggest problem.

Jud

Sounds like fun, no they aren't in yet. They said they would be in today, but haven't called me. I also need to put a wheel bearing in her. Old one went bad just sitting still. :evil: (Kind my fault though) So, hopefully I'll have it running soon. Now that I can hear it run, I wanna DRIVE it.

62 for the pushrods. Kimmo was talking about 65mm but id wanna test that first, and it was for the gen 3 motors. There is a post on 60V6 about a larger TB with a turbo. The result was slower 1/4 but i dunno all the details.