Side Skirts! Project

maybe2fast

Looks good to me, nice work. I will say the side profile is a bit nicer with the Z bumpers though.

Not to knock your car at all but the height matches better on my car, I just got to get rid of the rounded ends so they match better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maybe2fast

• Baddflash

• Dirty Rockstar

• Aaron

hey when i checked them out last night all the pics you had were down :roll: even your sig pic wasen't showin up. seems to work now

on another note i like how they look

Try Adapting the GP Front and rears on.. They are very flexy.. I tried one out on a Lumina bumper real fast at a Junkyard, and it looked like it would work pretty well if I took time to try it right.. I dont know.. Maybe Im drinkin too much again.. :|

speaking of which some bitch in my town that used to like me ... (she flat out told me ... scared the shit out of me... ick!) bought the same car as me ... someone had polished the rims tinted the windows ... and then she goes and gets a "Cutlass Supreme" banner acrossed the windshield ...

now that shit pisses me off ... oh well she'll run that car into the ground just like every other un-know-how female out there ...

mmm.. Hot me up on AIM sometime.. We havent talked in forever, lol.. Id like to get a few tips on the install of those little things, lmao.. God luck on the parts! lol

One thing I noticed about the GP bumpers is even the ones without the skirting are flat on the bottom. I forget what the Lumi bumpers are like but the gp front and rear skirts bolt to a flat surface (horizontal) about an inch or so wide.

• 1 year later...

damn. I just finshed putting on mine last weekend. turqoise under burgundy (at least on the three remaining doors) :} I paid $5 for mine. and I thought of the idea independently...

I put these on my 92 lumina, my right side rocker panel has long been totally crushed so this was a cheap fix lol and I took advantage of the cover to drill some holes and flood both channels with grease and oil to prevent future rust.

Mine has the black wheel opening bezel, and I used a cut off disc to shorten them to clear the top edge of the rocker cover. (hint: pull them off) and only remove the area that would potrude beyond the wheel opening area thus leaving part of the trims mounting flange as a tab facing down. install the GP cover so that the front and rear edge to line up with the bezel lips. Heat the "flange" edge of the plastic and force them against the bezel tab, drill a hole and add a long screw. mudflaps will help cover the front nicely too btw

- Ken

p.s. I have regular sedan bumpers. and may try and see if the "lower lips" mounted to the bottom of the GP donor vehicle's bumpers might be adapted too, but they look good either way

Wow this is old. :lol:

I forget but I thought the GP front&rear skirting wouldn't work to well with the lumina bumpers, but I guess anything is do-able.You might actually need to make it part of the bumper, Dominion Sure Seal - semi-rigid works real well with our bumpers. Similar to what I did with my Z34 bumper.

For sure Pabz, although mine is still not done yet (damn work :? ) but I'm hoping by spring she'll be totally finished. :D Still have the refinishing part to do but she's mostly together and that was the biggest part. I wish i had more time and money to throw at this thing ;it should have been done long ago.

Oh well heres a few pics of how she's sitting right now, dirty I know.

000_0695.jpg

000_0712.jpg

000_0701.jpg

My relocated battery.

000_0717.jpg

The engine I'm building up this winter.

000_0719.jpg