Service Engine Soon

Cornerdealy

The other day when I was testing my newly installed fan switches, I noticed that the service engine soon light came on. It was on for a few days, and today when I was going to head out to buy an OBD II scanner to find out what the problem is, the light was off.

Now does this mean that whatever problem that was there that caused the light to go on was now fixed, or does it just clear itself automatically and the problem is still there?

I don't know if this helps, sometimes when I start my car up I have the same thing happen to my airbag light. It periodically goes off and on some days. I don't have an explanation for it either. I'm assuming I might have a loose connections somewhere. I guess check all the connections you made or may have severed accidently.

the code is still there goto Autozone they will scan it for free
This is definitely a good idea.

And SigEpCutlass should seriously consider doing that as well. There's two airbag sensors, and if one isn't working, you only have one. This is a part of the car that's probably a good idea to have in completely proper working order, or you could find your face filled with airbag doing 55mph on the Interstate.

If the ECM stops getting the signal of a problem, the light will go off after some period of time. However, if there's still an alarm condition being reported from a sensor, the light should remain lit. I had this same issue with some bad Platinum plugs I used at 100k miles, and the SES light (and firing misses) went away after a change to Iridiums.

Keep in mind to that just because the light went away doesn't mean the problem is gone, it just means that its not bad enough to make the light go on.

I don't know if this helps, sometimes when I start my car up I have the same thing happen to my airbag light. It periodically goes off and on some days. I don't have an explanation for it either. I'm assuming I might have a loose connections somewhere. I guess check all the connections you made or may have severed accidently.

It's supposed to flash for 7 seconds after startup. After that if you get anything funny, there was a recall on '95 and MAYBE '94 models about the airbag deploying out of nowhere. THE LIGHT WAS A WARNING SIGN of shit about to happen. If I were you I'd ask the dealer. pronto.

It's supposed to flash for 7 seconds after startup. After that if you get anything funny, there was a recall on '95 and MAYBE '94 models about the airbag deploying out of nowhere. THE LIGHT WAS A WARNING SIGN of shit about to happen. If I were you I'd ask the dealer. pronto.

:lol: :lol: I just read that a few nights ago when I was browsing recalls. I gotta say I'd have to laugh if I ever saw that happen.

Just imagine some guy sitting next to you at a red light... BOOM! bwahaha