GP1138

Well, the LE is going away. Yesterday Carri and I were in the car, I was picking her up from work, and we were behind a semi at a stoplight. This guy didn't have a turn signal on, and when the light turned green, he started going, and I did as well. Carri (my girlfriend) had a necklace in her hands, and it broke right then, and I was pointing down to my cupholder, telling her to put the beads in it. Next thing I know, the bottom of the semi (flatbed) was into my hood. The semi drove off, I'm not sure he even knew he had been hit. I'm glad.. the insurance company would have just totaled my car, and I don't have collision or anything. I also don't need another wreck on my record.

This after I've spent the last 2 months driving like a sane person, trying to be mature, and one second kills me. At least nobody was hurt. Our necks hurt a little, but we're none the worse for wear.

Funny thing is, it still runs and drives, I think one of the coil packs is screwed, cos there's an occasional miss, and it stalls once in a while, but it runs fine. Both headlights work too! They're misaimed, but they work!

hood1.jpg

The front end. I got out of the car after pulling into a parking lot, and just stared at this for a minute.

hood2.jpg

Another hood shot.

engine1.jpg

A convenient little view of the engine, still runs!

headlight1.jpg

The still-functional shattered headlight.

bent1.jpg

Just wonderful.

Check out the For Sale section, if anyone wants to buy this as a junk parts car. Thanks.

Hey man that really sucks. Shit like that happens though. At least the 2 of you are alright thats all that matters.

Now whatever you do, don't SCRAP the car! The damage doesn't look all that bad. The hood is finished, thats for sure.. $100. Looks like your hood had bodywork done to it anyways. I can't tell much from the other pics what else is broken but stuff can be fixed.

God DAMN dude.. another fucking LE. Jesus.. I'm not scrapping the LTE, I don't think it's that fucked up. It's going to be one hell of a restoration project, but that damn car just has too much sentimental value to get rid of.

badass is right. just get a new hood and head light assemblys and you're great. That shouldn't be more than $250 total and have the hood repainted unless you can find one to match. glad you're alright though.

God DAMN dude.. another fucking LE. Jesus.. I'm not scrapping the LTE, I don't think it's that fucked up. It's going to be one hell of a restoration project, but that damn car just has too much sentimental value to get rid of.

If you guys wanna pool your money and pay me $300 for it, I'd gladly sawzall it in half and send it to you. And I know exactly what you're talking about when you say sentimental value.. my girlfriend and I practically met in that car :cry:

It's just a car, though, and I don't have the $ to put a new hood, new front end, and new engine in it. I'd rather buy a local car someone's selling for cheap, and fix it up. I'd rather deal with engine troubleshooting than body work.

It's in the forsale section. I might put it up on Ebay.

:shock:

Glad you and your girl are okey :D,i didn't know Grand prix's hoods rust that fast after they have been hit from 1 day((LOL))

You know what that trucker is at fault,not using your signal to make a turn.If that had be me i would of chased after him. :evil:

man that sucks, but i'm gona have to jump on the "fix it" bandwagon myself, considering i'm fixing my cutlass, and for what its worth it don't look like much more then simple pannel replacement. i like that kinda body work. well you may get a pm for me if i want to take the LE on.

Here's what's gonna happen. Remember the STE I told you all about a while back? I'm gonna buy that, and combine the two cars. Take all the good shit from my car, and put it on the STE if it needs it. I'll need a new trunk lid, and God forbid the engine might need more work, but I'll sure as hell be up for it. I hate body work.

It's up in the air right now. We'll see.