Turn Signal Chime??

99RegalGS

Today on my way to work I turned on my blinker and I heard a chime with it. This was the first time I have ever heard it. I turned it on at the next intersection and it was back nothing. I'm wondering if Regals had something like that??

Today on my way to work I turned on my blinker and I heard a chime with it. This was the first time I have ever heard it. I turned it on at the next intersection and it was back nothing. I'm wondering if Regals had something like that??

It does exist. My Regal has it , and in fact the company I used to work for made those damn annoying chimes. It's supposed to remind you to shut off your blinker if you leave it on too long. It is a separate module from the main seatbelt chime. Not too sure where it's mounted, but your main chime has 7 or 8 terminals on it, the turn signal chime only has 4. Of the chimes we made for GM, the seatbelt chime had a black housing and the turn signal chime had a tan housing. I know for sure we made them from 90 to about 97 (probably back as far as 88 for all I know- that's when the company first opened, they closed down in 2000.)

I'd like to get that chime to come on whenever the blinker is on.. it'll come on if I leave the blinker on for 1/4 mile.. but I think it'd be neat to have it come on right away.

It should only come on when the car is moving (not backed up traffic though, cause you CAN be sitting there a while).. I f'n hate when people keep driving like idiots with the lights blinking. :x

its a granny feature :lol: i always see those blue-haired oblivions driving down the road with blinkers going every which way...

my lumina never had it but then again the blickner never worked right anyways

It should only come on when the car is moving (not backed up traffic though, cause you CAN be sitting there a while).. I f'n hate when people keep driving like idiots with the lights blinking. :x

Your car has it?

My '92 Regal GS Coupe has it. I didn't know that when I bought it, was driving home the evening I got it and put my right turn signal on to get of my exit and by the time I got to the end (need to turn right off exit, so leave it on), the damn chime started and the first thing I thought was that it had stalled out on me. The next morning I looked through the owners manual and found the info on it. It only comes on when the car is moving with the signal on (1/4 mile or so I think).

I don't know if my cutty has it because I don't drive with my blinkers on.....instead of a chime they should have a recording that says "Hey Moron, turn off your damn blinker..."

chime or relay click? :? shouldn't here a chime..

It was a chime, not a relay click.

It does exist. My Regal has it , and in fact the company I used to work for made those damn annoying chimes. It's supposed to remind you to shut off your blinker if you leave it on too long. It is a separate module from the main seatbelt chime. Not too sure where it's mounted, but your main chime has 7 or 8 terminals on it, the turn signal chime only has 4. Of the chimes we made for GM, the seatbelt chime had a black housing and the turn signal chime had a tan housing. I know for sure we made them from 90 to about 97 (probably back as far as 88 for all I know- that's when the company first opened, they closed down in 2000.)

At first I didn't think it was a reminder chime since my friend's 88 rivera has a chime all the time. But now that I think about it I had my right blinker on as I was getting off the freeway and I kept it on since I was turning right at the stop sign. Then I turned the blinker to the left for the next intersection before it shut off by itself. That probably caused the reminder chime to go off.