15-Year-Old Motor Mount: The aftermath

digitaloutsider

Oh dang that looks nasty. I bet all of our cars are that bad if they haven't been changed...hell mine are 12 and 13 years old...pretty much the same.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was chasing my upper ones around the engine bay over the weekend while I was changing my valve cover gaskets. Damn things are so chewed up!!!

I can only imagine what my lower ones look like

Phil

I hope that new one isn't an Anchor brand, otherwise it'll look like the old one in 2 weeks

:shock: :lol:

It ok Shuan... Just PAINT it red and it will last for 2 more weeks!! Yay well atleast you'll get one full month's use outta it.... :!: :twisted:

anchor isn't that bad, i have used them on quite a few cars with no problems

What kind of cars?

In 2 weeks of driving with it, one of the upper studs SHEARED OFF and I lost fluid!!! I have a friend that bought one and the hydraulic fluid leaked out in under a month. 0 for 2!

anchor isn't that bad, i have used them on quite a few cars with no problems

What kind of cars?

In 2 weeks of driving with it, one of the upper studs SHEARED OFF and I lost fluid!!! I have a friend that bought one and the hydraulic fluid leaked out in under a month. 0 for 2!

my 93 z34, 93 olds ahcevia, 94 3100 grand prix i have never had a problem with them and i would think if they can withstand my old z they are pretty damn good. cause i wasn't nice to them. i did put the ffp dogbone on my car at the same time though so maybe it saved the lower mounts

YEP !!! About time you put a new one on it :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock:

Hey Dave .. I had to get mine replaced bones & mounts just like you said :? when you looked at it in April at the Autofair , power steering had blown and I took it to get fixed and told him to check the mounts they were BAD ( not as bad as the ones in this post) but almost , cost me $516 total for pump and bones, motor/ trans mounts .. don't move now ... lol