Removing A/C from a Cutty

CutlassQuad.4

Does anyone know how!? :? I need to start my quest to making my car lighter. The thing it a freaking tank, I also might gut the back .. would anyone be interested in the seats?

I started to remove some of the A/C stuff from my car last summer but put it back together cause its all aluminum and doesn't weigh much at all! The only thing I could see weighting something would be the compressor.. plus that runs off the accessories so it might be a good idea to take it off anyways.

Basically just start from the pipes and go from there. I might take mine out just so I got some more room under the hood.

my 2 cents...

if you want your defrost to work properly, you may not want to remove your A/C - if your A/C is currently working, when you press defrost, the A/C compressor engages. The defrost uses the A/C system to remove moisture from the car and clear the windows. Ever notice how cars with malfunctioning A/C take forever to clear the windows of fog on a rainy day? If you remove the A/C, of course the defrost will still blow, but won't be as effective.