Upgrading to Leather...?

OldsmoBeast

Okay everyone...I had a few questions, just out of my curiousity....

I don't really like looking at my ghey factory cloth interior...especially since it looks really cheap parked next to the Lexus and Benz....Cheap grey cloth on a red car with black tints? no dice...what I need is Black leather...that would be pimp...plus leather is generally easier to clean and doesn't absorb stinks as easily, right? hope so. Now....I know that it couldn't be impossible to find a set of Coupe leather front and back seats, it might be harder to find the charcoal or black or whatever, but not impossible...the question is, what ELSE would I need besides the seats? I'd need door panels too right? because of that crappy grey cloth on the doors too....can anyone think of anything else? or better yet, has anyone successfully done this on a newer Cutlass Coupe??

Thanks everyone!!!

YK

i'm prety sure slick94prix is converting hes gray cloth to black,you could probably sore seats outa a newer GP, he ought to know about door pannels and carpet and such

the swap is cake. I have a set of front leather seats available. SHipping would probably murder...

As for the door panels, on leathered cars they used vinyl where your cloth is. I've bought vinyl from upholstery shops and installed it by taking off the door panel, separating the "carrier" that the cloth sits on, stretched/glued the vinyl (and padding) on, then reattached the carrier by drilling holes and using short bolts.

i swapped to leather. worst money i ever spent on my car. the cloth was soooo much nicer and more comfortable too.

my Spyder is the first car in years that I have owned w/o leather and I think that the cloth "cheapens" the feel of the car....I ordered leather to install in my Spyder, it should actually arrive today....

i swapped to leather. worst money i ever spent on my car. the cloth was soooo much nicer and more comfortable too.

Wanna sell 'em?

I want leather. I think it's plenty comfortable and doesn't trap heat like the cloth does. The only shorts I ever wear go to my knees so I don't stick to leather on a hot summer day.

I'm starting to convert my whole interior to black leather/vinyl.

I've dyed my upper dash pad black(its pretty damn shiny too).

Recovered some of the cloth interior panels with black vinyl

Have some panels black, and other panels still grey(running out of money)

Have dyed my carpet, but it will just hold me over until i can afford new carpet

I'm hoping to pick up some leather seats sometime

Black floormats too.

So I'd need door panels...or a way to re-upholster mine, and the things for the back sides...plus seats all around...how much am I looking at spending? (I'm probably going to do this when I get back from summer vacation, in August...so Brian, if you still have the seats by then, and if I still have money, I could take a trip and visit my uncle in NYC... 8) ) but yeah...right now I just want to price/figure out the whole thing...anyone?

Thanks for everyone's imput so far,

YK

I did my rear panels in my car for about $10. Buying vinyl is cheap, and recovering them only takes maybe a half hour. I can do a write up if you need me to.

That would be mighty cool...but don't worry about it for now...unless u really want to...because I still have to find and buy seats and everything...And i'm only going to start that after we get back from our trip, in August...hopefully august 1st I can get started though :)

Yeah, i'll do a write up for you guys next week. I'll add it to my fiberglassing page. Good timing too, im getting a ton of graduation money, so i can buy material.

thats what I wanted to hear...I also have some savings(55 hours a week at work) that will be going towards my Cutlass. It sounds like something that I can even accomplish!