Regal GS 3.1

Justin

There is a '90 Regal GS at a local dealership for $1300. It has quad buckets, but the car is kind of rough overall. Did Regal GS's ever come with the 3.1? That's what the sticker says.

According to both edmunds.com and autotrader.com in 1990 there was only the Limited and Custom- no GS. Both models had 3.1. I think it would have been in 1991 (same year as the GTP/International) that the 3800 and 3.4 came out. Also, there was one year that the GS came with the 3100 and no 3800.

Hmm, I might have to go check it out then, I thought something sounded fishy there. I honestly didn't know the Regals ever came with quad buckets either.

In 90 they were definately available with the 3.1

In 90 they also had the 3800, late in the model year tho.

In 91 it would have been the 3800 for both the coupe and sedan GS

Hell, I think every W-body came with the some sort of the "3.1" option. Even A, H, J, L, N-Bodies did too...it was just that good of an engine!

Hell, I think every W-body came with the some sort of the "3.1" option. Even A, H, J, L, N-Bodies did too...it was just that good of an engine!

I'd have to disagree a bit on that one, tilting the engine for sparkplugs (or using an incline) isnt exactly what I call good (at least for maintenance). I'm willing to do the job for it, but it's something I dont do for pure enjoyment.

No wonder they decided not to put V8's in them, it'd probably be worse off for space(but if it were offered, I'd still go for it)

Ahhhh...come on now! Show some V6 love! 8)

I didnt say it was a bad engine, heck, it runs smoothly enough that I dunno if I'm at 60 or 80mph on a good road - just that the spark plugs are placed in a very unusual spot.