Which GLUE to use on DASH?

gmrulz4u

I've already taken my dash off to drill screws around the edges of the defroster vent, and that worked perfectly. But when I had it off I used some of that heat glue that you use with a gun for the rest of the dash pad, and it only lasted like a couple of weeks before the dash was coming back up again.

So I've read that some people used Liquid Nails and that it was OK, and some used Liquid Nails and it sucked, and only lasted a month or so.

So what's the definitive answer on this subject? Is there a specific brand or something that I should use? Obviously it has to be super strong and un-effected by heat etc...

THANKS!:)

i used a 2 part epoxy, its been around 4 months now, no pealing since then.

And do you know exactly what kind it was? I mean there's like literally HUNDREDS of damn epoxies and glues out there that it's nearly impossible to decide... :?

If you can clamp it down till it cures, Permatex Clear Adhesive silicone is the strongest stuff I've ever found.

It has ZERO bonding power before curing though, so you'd have to keep pressure on the 2 pieces that were glued together till it cures.

at least with lumina dashes i found its best to remove the defroster vent and get 4-5 c clamps and pieces of thin scrap lumber to hold it down while it cures

If you can clamp it down till it cures, Permatex Clear Adhesive silicone is the strongest stuff I've ever found.

It has ZERO bonding power before curing though, so you'd have to keep pressure on the 2 pieces that were glued together till it cures.

And just how long does it take this stuff to cure??

:)

ok the epoxy i used was "devcon high strength plastic welder" ran me around $5 for it, its great stuff. and about 3-4 hours to set and 24 to cure