Steering wheel Radio Controls

MommyTaz022200

No, you have to have a steering column that has a wheel with the buttons. I tried that, got the buttons from a car at the junkyard, and found out I can't just swap it :lol: :oops:

Ask Canadian Badass, he's done it before.

Just find a whole column with the wheel on it. I should let you know that mine isn't functional (yet anyways) its just for looks right now. I wanted the cool buttons and the tilt handle so I got the whole column for $75. All the guts are in the column I think there might be one wire or something for the factory decks that work with it but I have aftermarket so it does'nt apply to me. Might want to ask Gearhead43 he knows more than I do. :lol:

ok, nevermind. It seems like too much work to swap my steering column and I love my Eclipse MP3/CD deck WAY too much to give it up for some cool buttons.

No no no NO!!!!

You do not need to get the entime steering cloumn :roll:

What you will need is the Steering wheel, the pad (with buttons) , the turn signal switch, the horn right and the IR module. (part of the turn Sig harness.)

And a radio that allows you to use the Fiber Optic IR unit. Most high end GM radios for that year will have it.

And a radio that allows you to use the Fiber Optic IR unit. Most high end GM radios for that year will have it.

Are GM radios the only ones that allow the use of the fiber optic IR or do some aftermarkets allow that too?

My deck is an Eclipse Model CD3403. It does have wiring for Power Antenna Relay, Headlight Switch, and a Interconnecting Cable (Says to allow hands free cell phone kits to mute the music when the phone rings)

It also has an optional remote control.