mufflers??

92blackz34

hello ,

i might be forced into new mufflers and right now i ahve 2 borla xs turbos and i have now been pulled over sunday night adn tonight for loud exhaust and by same cop and same place and he warned me both times and said i have to change them becuase its to loud but im gonna try to call the police chief tomorow the guy said they dont check by decibal it goes by ear and sound so if he thinks it sounds loud he can ticket me which is bull because trucks with v8s and pipes rip around town steady and dont get pulled over and by the way my car is a 92 z34 so give me some suggestions

I can't believe that your Z with Borlas in louder than Trucks with duals and Ricers with coffee cans. They should get them instead, I'm sure yours is loud buy by no means louder than those. You got a sound clip?

I'd be inclined to agree with the last post. My friend drives a 99' Silverado with the 5.3L V8 and straight pipes, plus he uses the gas pedal like an on/off switch and he's never gotten pulled over for "extremely loud exhuast".

It sounds like he is busting your balls because you pissed him off before. I know with the dronemasters, there is paperwork out there to prove that all their products are legal. You might want to get a decibel meter and check to see how loud you actually are. If you had a muffler shop do the exhaust, go back to them and see if they can get the paperwork to prove your in the legal. Next time he pulls you over, tell him you will be filing a police harassment complaint to the caption.

Good luck.

-Jeff

I havent been pulled over for it yet. Pickups(mostly dodge and chevy) roar around here with flowmasters,etc and no one pulls them over. Ive heard of a few ricers getting ticketed for it though.

i run with illegal cherry bombs on my truck, passed a statey with the pedal on the floor (very loud!!) and he flashed his blues, thats about it...

btw its off of headers, straight back with no cats, resinators or anything...

no i have never pissed him off first time i ever saw him was when he pulled me over and i wasnt wrapping the pipes or anything just putting and i called and talked to the chief of police and he said if the officer said they are to loud then they are and u have to change them and i asked to test my decibals and they said in that town they dont go by decibal its by sound and it has to blend in with the overall sound of the engine . so sad to say they got taken off today and some gay ass muffelrs are on and u cant even hear my car.

im gonna look and talk to the sherrifs and the state oabout decibals ill do anything i can to have my borlas back on to really piss the cop off and ahve written proof its legal otherwise maybe flowmasters