Plug identification

95DropTop

I was looking underhood and found two plugs that are not plugged into anything and I was hoping that some one could help me identify what the plugs are for?

plug1.jpg

plug2.jpg

plug3.jpg

And I hope the pics load correctly.

The car seems sluggish off the line and after shifting since I had the dreaded oil leak fixed..was wondering if these could be causing that.

Thanks in advance

Holy crap those are big pics...sorrry 56Kers

First picture is just a test plug positioned by the IAT(intake air temperature) sensor..I don't recall seeing this plug going to anything else on any other W's. The second picture appears to be the hood light, if yours is not on/working, then you now know why. :wink:

Hoodlight it was! I can see now. And the wire with the grey plug is too short to reach anything that I can see. I did not realize the pics would be that large...I cropped most of the picture before posting and they were still too big. I do like my new camera. Ok, free plug: Canon A300, 3.2 Megapixel with Compact Flash storage and nice movie mode with sound. It does take nice pics! Also came with a printer that will print borderless pics (the one in my sig printed 4 x 6 in under a minute) directly from the camera. Got it the other day at Staples for $199.99. I am impressed with the quality. I think I have it set for 2048 x 1568 resolution and the pics start out about a meg each. Those are under 200k each after cropping and saving as medium quality jpeg. Ok, now go run out and buy one so my stock in canon will go up!!!!!!!

Thanks for the advice

Thomas

Gray plug is a fuel pump test connector.

If you jumper it to +12V, the fuel pump will run.

I should have remembered that being that I had to test one on a 92 SE about a month ago :oops:

I was beginning to ask you what kind of digital camera you have. Good thing you mentioned your camera brand and type. :)

I have this POS camera and it can zoom-in but the pictures are blurry. It is good at capturing from a few feet distance but not close-up.

It can't read tiny letters especially if you try to take a snapshot of a printed circuit board.

Yes, I have been nothing but impressed with this camera. It is the Powershot A300 more specifically. Could not remember earlier. Those shots were taken at 830ish last night in macro mode...not sure if I am able to use the zoom, but the cam has a 5.1 digital zoom. The printer is the i455. If you want a nice 3.2 MPix cam, this one is worth the money.

I got a Canon A40 about two years ago.. was nearly 400 bucks back then! The A300 is muched improved. I'm hoping my A40 will suffer an uh.. accident, so that I can get it replaced with my best buy replacment plan. thing is, I don't think they make A40s anymore, so it'd have to be replaced with something newer :P