Need a fuel pump ASAP

kadoi

First off its been a long time since i wrote becuase my grand prix has been sitting until i have been able to afford to fix it. Lately i have been driving a ford probe :evil: and it sucks. So here is my delimma....i was bleeding my fuel line because it had TONS of air in it becuase it had sat so long on an almost empty tank of gas and as soon as i started the pump made this loud wine and just quite.....hasnt worked since. What kind to i need (part number) and how much and how hard is it to change....thanks guys Im sure someone knows becuase you guys always do.

Cory

Hell, I just figured you moved and forgot about us. :wink:

http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDetails.asp?SourceArea=&SourcePage=SEARCHRESULTS&MfrCode=MST&MfrPartNumber=E3265&PartType=52&PTSet=A

Quick search w/ adv. auto. I would go w/ a Delco unit though unless you want to get good at changing it. Also, be VERY careful w/ the pickup and float. You can mess it up and not get the right level at the gauge.

thanks jay, just have been really busy lately with school and work...go to school...go to work...come home go to bed. Thats how its been for about 4 months. Dont mind the $$ tho. By the way how is that 5 speed of yours doing....whats it running in the 1/4?

I still don't know actually. As you can see by the sig, I bought another one. An auto now, so you guys can make fun of me like I used to make fun of your auto cars. :lol: I ordered my Nitto 555R drag radials (245/45/17) and they should be in later this week. I'm getting ready to go work on the fuel rail in Sunshine in like 5... 4... 3... 2... 2 and a half... 2 and a quarter... Damn still putting it off... 1... *poof*

Just to cover the basis, fuel pump EP375/25163463 and yes a healthy pump not needing an upgrade till you get past the 350 hp mark (it will support more but it’s the pressures we have to run it at that limit its output much past 350 hp!). Fuel Pump Strainer TS9/25055483 and In-Line Fuel Filter GF 481/25055052 (not the GF483 that the service manual states for the Vin V).

Good luck, nice to see someone putting some good effort into their TGP, still less than a regular monthly payment on something less (is there a TGP equivalent today?).

Jeff M

Good luck, nice to see someone putting some good effort into their TGP, still less than a regular monthly payment on something less (is there a TGP equivalent today?).

Jeff M

Yeah, not having a car payment and having a sweet car like a TGP is nice. That's about to end for me though as I'm getting a black '99 Grand Prix GTX coupe in a couple weeks, which I would say is an equivilent car if not better. :D

yeah but the nostalgia and history that comes with a TGP is what makes it so great....There will always be faster cars with more options (although it took forever for that to happen) but i just like being able to say that Ive got a rare car that is unique and wieghs 3600 lbs and and runs a respectable 14.7 with a V6. But a GTX is also quite uncommon....aren't they sent to a custom modifier or something? Plus a TGP is just one of those cars you hang onto and keep in your garage.....as far as i see it the fan base for the TGP is getting larger extremely fast and its value will soon appreciate quickley so why not hang on to it....not like you will get nearly the money out of it now to put towards that new car that you will in say 5 years

Yeah, for me a TGP is also something that I plan to hold onto for a while. Plus, I can get sell mine as I just finished the getrag 284 swap a couple months ago and I'm still enoying rowing around in the 5 speed. The GTX is going to be a daily driver since my TGP has been racking up a lot of miles lately. The GTX is put together by SLP and it has the 17" 6 spoke wheels, ram-air hood, SLP exhaust, and some other nice goodies. I'll probably be posting some pictures of it within the next couple weeks as I work out the final details with the owner. 8)