My Regal is BUCKING?????????

Big Blue

Yep just like the title says :x

Lately everytime i go up a hill it starts to jerk,im only some times doing 50km.I went up to Peterbough and was doing 86-88 and it was really bad that i had to slow down.

so what could be causing this :confused:

BTW it's a 1990 Buick regal (3.1)

any help would be great :D

any codes?

kinda clueless but will throw ideas out i guess.

fuel filter plugged

fuel pump going out

low on tranny fluid

torque convertor

just guesses

Monty

Know codes at all(knock on wood)

I had the fuel pump replaced about 6-8 months ago,i don't know about the fuel filter thow???

as to the low tranny fluid and torque convertor,well for the last 8-9 months i've been driving in d2 because d1 went out on me :shock:

Gotta love the Ghetto cars :D

my car used to buck under any sort of load or acceleration in overdrive. i did a partial tuneup, i.e. i replaced the plugs, wires, and o2 sensor, and the problem was solved

yes, i have a 3.1

to find the o2 sensor -

rock the engine foreword (remove the dogbone bolts closest to the engine. put the passenger side bolt back in. use a big prybar to pull on that bolt, and slide the driver's side bolt into the other hole on the underside of the driver's side dogbone)

look at the back of the engine, where the two exhaust manifolds meet. right after that, you'll see a metal tube sticking up from the exhaust downpipe, with a single wire coming off of it. that's your o2 sensor. an open end wrench is fine for taking it off and installing a new one, at least i never had a problem.

an aftermarket auto parts store Bosch o2 sensor will run about $20, with a dealer AC Delco one running just over $50. buy what you want, personally i'm not impressed with any of bosch's products

On my 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme 3.1L V6, the vehicle would buck at cruising speed and more when going uphill.

I have noticed that the coolant reservoir is overflowing the coolant out around the cover itself. The cap on the coolant reservoir has a hose on top of it to allow excess coolant to drain away from the coolant reservoir. On my vehicle the excess coolant is coming out around the cap itself.

What was happening is that since the coolant reservoir is located on top middle of the radiator, the coolant is dripping down towards where the Ignition Coils, Spark Plug wires, Crankshaft Position Sensor wire, power wires going to the Ignition Module.

When the coolant drips around the ignition coil area, it was messing up the spark to the spark plugs. I've sealed the top cover of the coolant reservoir with some rubber tape around it and now it does not leak anymore. I've also drained some coolant because the coolant reservoir was overfilled a little bit.

On your vehicle, it might just be the spark plug wires rubbing on the engine block or from each other. You might want to check the CKPS (Crankshaft Position Sensor) wire to make sure it is not rubbing on the engine block.

A bad injector will cause that too, my LeSabre would buck right around 50MPH unless you stepped into the throttle pretty hard. Didn't do it at 45 or 55 just right at 50. Had a bad injector on the front bank. Easy to change but a bitch to figure out which one and at $100 each for rebuilt ones plus core charge I wasn't about to do all 6.

yes, i have a 3.1

to find the o2 sensor -

rock the engine foreword (remove the dogbone bolts closest to the engine. put the passenger side bolt back in. use a big prybar to pull on that bolt, and slide the driver's side bolt into the other hole on the underside of the driver's side dogbone)

look at the back of the engine, where the two exhaust manifolds meet. right after that, you'll see a metal tube sticking up from the exhaust downpipe, with a single wire coming off of it. that's your o2 sensor. an open end wrench is fine for taking it off and installing a new one, at least i never had a problem.

an aftermarket auto parts store Bosch o2 sensor will run about $20, with a dealer AC Delco one running just over $50. buy what you want, personally i'm not impressed with any of bosch's products

Well thanks for all the info :D,but i think that's a little to much work :(

I also noticed one of my dog bones are gone :x,the bushing has gone and the bolt is ripping it apart.

I think i will do the plugs and wires first and see how that goes,and if no luck then i will flush out the fuel injectors/replace the fuel filter.

BTW,how do i get to the back plugs and wires???,do i need a hoist for it.

Have you replaced your intake/tb/etc gaskets lately?

can you please explain what these are /tb/etc gaskets ,i know what the intake is but not what a TB is.

you get to the rear plugs and wires by rocking the engine foreword. it isn't hard. routing the new wires will take a little time but it isn't hard.

it will take 2 minutes to rock the engine foreword

a TB is your Throttle Body

so i just take of those dog bones and get a friend etc to help pull the engine forward :D

How far away do you live,HEHE

i was thinking about getting some accel plug wires and some bosch plus 4 spark plugs,do you think that's to much spark 8)

Have you replaced your intake/tb/etc gaskets lately?

can you please explain what these are /tb/etc gaskets ,i know what the intake is but not what a TB is.

answer's probably no then. scratch that. and yea, tb is throttle body

so i just take of those dog bones and get a friend etc to help pull the engine forward :D

How far away do you live,HEHE

i was thinking about getting some accel plug wires and some bosch plus 4 spark plugs,do you think that's to much spark 8)

i live in detroit. bring your car over and i'll help you if you're seriously interested. anyways, get some AC Delco wires, ($40) and some AC Delco copper plugs ($1.09 a piece). i'm not impressed with platnum plugs, as i've pulled platnum plugs with 20-30,000 miles on them and the gap has been eroded 50% than it should be. they're not worth the $8 a piece you'll pay. just get coppers and change them in 30,000 miles. it's not hard trust me. go get a $10 manual at the store, for advanced work they suck but for changing plugs and wires they're fine. it will tell you step by step what to do

Well i have somthing to tell you :wink:,i went put last night and bought some yellow accel plug wires for $25.00((i did a favour for him before))

I also bought some Bosch platinum 2 spark plugs for $15.00 :D

Im going to do it this weekend, i also went to the libery and got a book to help me :D

I wanted to ask you what are some sites that sell new dog bones/uratan bushings.

thanks for all the great help,im not comming to detroit i would probly get my car jacked LOL